Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

4 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

This has the @Bubbler86 & @Cashtown_Coop jackpot, so it must be close to right.

@Voyager almost gets nothing on this map, so he would be happy!

Crowd pleasing map, but I hope it would bring more to our Lancaster crew, and MU!

Canderson looks less than pleased.   His furnace is done for the season. 

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

My tomato plants may not make it through this incoming cold snap.   

My Monday morning low is forcasted to be 16 degrees. While not in flower yet, our tulips and hyacinths are out of the ground about 3-5 inches. It will be windy so there's not much chance for frost, which is bad for tender plants, but the actual freeze is still there. Might try my inverted bucket trick, and hope the plants generate enough of their own "heat" to keep it survivable.

Have had multiple confirmed graupel reports from friends in the Manheim Township and Lancaster City areas.  Of course, none of them would have known what graupel was but for the fact that I sent them a text earlier warning of the possibility haha. Haven’t seen any here yet but it’s always possible I missed it. 

Wow, what a day over here.  Heaviest snow of the season. Blue Ridge Summit has about 1/4" on the ground despite it being above freezing.  We had the mulch covered for a bit but it melted.  36 and heavy snow right now.  Impressively I was down north of Frederick, MD and they also had heavy snow.    Saw snow blowing across the road with a surface temp of 50.  Rates overcame the temp.   It melted quickly despite the wispy snow blows that were there for a short while. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Wow, what a day over.  Heaviest snow of the season. Blue Ridge Summit has about 1/4" on the ground despite it being above freezing.  We had the mulch covered for a bit but it melted.  36 and heavy snow right now.  Impressively I was down north of Frederick, MD and they also had heavy snow.    Saw snow blowing across the road with a surface temp of 50.  Rates overcame the temp.   It melted quickly despite the wispy snow blows that were there for a short while. 

Saw this after I posted right after you. Staggering difference in weather obs - see my post. Holy cow. 

Hearing reports of snow covered driveways in Greencastle as the next round approaches.   Outside the May snow we recently had, this is a pretty amazing post Winter day over here.  West LSV as well.  Snow accums in Western Cumberland county.   Also, rumors of a snow wrapped funnel cloud new Taneytown, MD today.   Have found no confirmation of that however.

image.png.36fca9fc3568ac24cd22b7362fa9a720.png