Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

17 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It is always worth staying up to see what RWB will do next.  But it was disgraceful what Karl Towns and the other Wolves did to him a few games a go...holding their nose and such.  Should have been fines. 

First year as a 76ers season ticket member was when OKC had Harden, Durant, and Westbrook. OKC made one trip to Philly...my son and I were cruising on 95 near PHL when I hit a pothole that blew my tire out and damaged the wheel well. Sat on the side of the road waiting for AAA assistance while the game was being played. My son has never forgiven me for missing out on seeing the 3 of them play together. 

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

First year as a 76ers season ticket member was when OKC had Harden, Durant, and Westbrook. OKC made one trip to Philly...my son and I were cruising on 95 near PHL when I hit a pothole that blew my tire out and damaged the wheel well. Sat on the side of the road waiting for AAA assistance while the game was being played. My son has never forgiven me for missing out on seeing the 3 of them play together. 

Wow, I triggered an old memory there.  And to think., Durant used to play professional basketball in Seattle! 

• Like 1

Reading all of the posts about the off topic side of the board was quite entertaining, and what you all have said is pretty much spot on. They are some of the most vile examples of human beings I've ever observed, and yet, somehow, they see themselves as saviors of the world. And one person in particular who is the most vile one of all, who, after dishing out so much hatred and disdain of anyone who disagrees with her, loves to play the victim (insert racist, sexist) card whenever someone gives back what is dished out.

It's an incredible thing to watch sometimes...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

I didn’t even know there was an OT forum here. I poked in and one I the top threads is “the Brandon administration” so I immediately left and threw my phone into the river. 

Haha.   There is actually MUCH MORE liberal discussion and high-fiving on there. If you're a liberal (which I think you are?) your odds of being "accepted in the club" are much higher.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Be careful. She does peruse our subforums and then copies and pastes whatever you say here into OT just to pull you in. She's done it numerous times to the guys in our NY banter forum. Don't know where she finds the time to do it all!

Meh, I'm not worried about it.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TugHillMatt said:

Haha.   There is actually MUCH MORE liberal discussion and high-fiving on there. If you're a liberal (which I think you are?) your odds of being "accepted in the club" are much higher.

A lot of them would probably shrivel up and die if not for their daily injection of cronyism  back patting.  Go in blazing with phrases like Read the Room, That's sexist, and F' you for not caring about the elderly and you will come out sore from all the high fives and butt grabs you get. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I’m very liberal indeed but arguing politics on a messageboard is almost as dumb as watering the yard during a hurricane.

• Haha 2

Winter is back next week according to CTP!

Sunday
Partly sunny, with a high near 42.
Sunday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
Monday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
Monday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 24.
Tuesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 46.
Tuesday Night
A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Wednesday
A chance of rain, snow, and sleet. Partly sunny, with a high near 49. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

2 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

Be careful. She does peruse our subforums and then copies and pastes whatever you say here into OT just to pull you in. She's done it numerous times to the guys in our NY banter forum. Don't know where she finds the time to do it all!

meh....who cares.  I didnt know what/where yall were talking bout as I've said numerous times, I stay in here cause I got tired of all of the MA bullsh1t.  I'm w/ voyager, I dont care if your lib/trumper.  That has no business here, and while I know many in our forum sit on the other side, it matters not to me.  We need that for balance, as long as its done w/ mutual respect.  And that's where the diff is w/ trix and the other trolls.  Internet warriors scare me none in the least.  They collectively puff their chests and team up cause it makes them feel big.  Here's what I think of anyone like that.....

Amazon.com: Gatsbe Exchange Wizard of Oz Behind-The-Curtain 8 X 10 Photo:  Posters & Prints

• Like 6

2 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

Good deal. :) Just letting you all know not to be surprised if all these comments are pasted on there and we all get scolded for "having OT talk on the Wx side and to keep it there where it belongs."

lol....not surprised and dont give a shiit.  I wont look anyways....

They are all guilty as charged and are hypocrites if that's the case, but im guessing they'll selectively not copy this post.  

2 hours ago, canderson said:

I’m very liberal indeed but arguing politics on a messageboard is almost as dumb as watering the yard during a hurricane.

I've always thought that of you, and would still be the first to buy you a beer at a bar.  You and I would have great conversation and likely learn lots about "the other side".  :).  

You do you pal.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

meh....who cares.  I didnt know what/where yall were talking bout as I've said numerous times, I stay in here cause I got tired of all of the MA bullsh1t.  I'm w/ voyager, I dont care if your lib/trumper.  That has no business here, and while I know many in our forum sit on the other side, it matters not to me.  We need that for balance, as long as its done w/ mutual respect.  And that's where the diff is w/ trix and the other trolls.  Internet warriors scare me none in the least.  They collectively puff their chests and team up cause it makes them feel big.  Here's what I think of anyone like that.....

Amazon.com: Gatsbe Exchange Wizard of Oz Behind-The-Curtain 8 X 10 Photo:  Posters & Prints

Well, I am a Centrist/Moderate and try to understand things from different perspectives...which many of them see as "weak." I was silly and stupid for thinking I could actually try to have a rational conversation. They ripped into me and accused me of a whole bunch of nonsense. So, some of the guys from here were just giving me kudos on how I conducted myself. Sorry it was brought up, but I really appreciated the support, as I felt pretty alone in my thoughts after the pile of crap I went through yesterday. It was encouraging to know that there are other sane, rational adults that still exist. I enjoy you guys on here!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Well, I am a Centrist/Moderate and try to understand things from different perspectives...which many of them see as "weak." I was silly and stupid for thinking I could actually try to have a rational conversation. They ripped into me and accused me of a whole bunch of nonsense. So, some of the guys from here were just giving me kudos on how I conducted myself. Sorry it was brought up, but I really appreciated the support, as I felt pretty alone in my thoughts after the pile of crap I went through yesterday. It was encouraging to know that there are other sane, rational adults that still exist. I enjoy you guys on here!

ditto.  80 percent of us are closer to the middle than the extremist on either side.  You are nowhere near alone pal.  Born n raised conservative that cant shake it outta my bones, but I've got plenty of progressive in me that knows that times are not what they once were and am willing to consider both sides.  I dont know what you went through, but your plenty safe n welcome here.

and you keep eatin all that rabbit food....I'll like my proteins charbroiled with a side of rabbit food:P

To the ones that were "grilln" ya for whatevs....they are likely the Oz's in the group (see pic above).  1 on 1 they dont stand a chance.  They are like a pack of hyenas...alone they are nothing.  

PS....I've learned more from my liberal friends/clients than I ever will from those that are like minded....but my like minded friends keep me grounded in my convictions. 

If you ever get back to the area, I'd be glad to meet at the Frogtown for a brew....my treat.

Look for the guy on the Harley withOUT confederate flags.  

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, canderson said:

The rain has been strange. A ton of very small pockets of rain in no order or pattern just marching east. 

yeah its rather showery here as well, but when its showerin, its putting it down.  Much needed and fine w/ that.

6 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

ditto.  80 percent of us are closer to the middle than the extremist on either side.  You are nowhere near alone pal.  Born n raised conservative that cant shake it outta my bones, but I've got plenty of progressive in me that knows that times are not what they once were and am willing to consider both sides.  I dont know what you went through, but your plenty safe n welcome here.

and you keep eatin all that rabbit food....I'll like my proteins charbroiled with a side of rabbit food:P

To the ones that were "grilln" ya for whatevs....they are likely the Oz's in the group (see pic above).  1 on 1 they dont stand a chance.  They are like a pack of hyenas...alone they are nothing.  

PS....I've learned more from my liberal friends/clients than I ever will from those that are like minded....but my like minded friends keep me grounded in my convictions. 

If you ever get back to the area, I'd be glad to meet at the Frogtown for a brew....my treat.

Look for the guy on the Harley withOUT confederate flags.  

Thanks! I would like that. I "lol"ed at the confederate flags. True...and sad. There were plenty of people at Penn Manor who had them waving in their trucks...and most of them were big a-holes. So much more I could say, but won't... Lol. I don't know what I am missing about the rabbit food? I actually am a vegetarian...lol (although bacon pulls me in occasionally.)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

Thanks! I would like that. I "lol"ed at the confederate flags. True...and sad. There were plenty of people at Penn Manor who had them waving in their trucks...and most of them were big a-holes. So much more I could say, but won't... Lol. I don't know what I am missing about the rabbit food? I actually am a vegetarian...lol (although bacon pulls me in occasionally.)

Hint......

Vegetarian....akin to rabbit food eater.

I ALWAYS eat the bacon....especially on salad.  (I saw your veggie post a long while back) and was just being a smartass....I know....shocker.

• Haha 1