Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

29 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Not sure but March is such a dynamic month with  constant clash of airmasses and juicier qpf along with  shorter wave lengths ( cut off low potential) I'd think it be tough to get the same boom potential.  Early Feb we'd have ratios though:D

During the March 19-21 , 1958 blizzard a spotter reported over 4.00" qpf in my county :o with 33" of snow 

Good point with the qpf.    All the big ones are always hard to measure with undercatch from the wind.    (Gauge)

I am very surprised to see a snow map showing 12" for Williamsport in early April.  

I was also surprised earlier tonight to see the snowpile behind the house that comes from plowing the driveway of the business behind us is gone.  Late last week the snowpile at the business in front of us was about to disappear; it was down to a scattering of black remnants no more 2" tall and it was gone by Sunday.  The pile behind us was looking much better last week but it disappeared too.  

So I thought tonight that we were done with snow, except for maybe an inch or two once or twice at night at best. 

I am skeptical about another foot but weather was always surprising and it's even more surprising today than it used to be.   

1 hour ago, CoralRed said:

I am very surprised to see a snow map showing 12" for Williamsport in early April.  

I was also surprised earlier tonight to see the snowpile behind the house that comes from plowing the driveway of the business behind us is gone.  Late last week the snowpile at the business in front of us was about to disappear; it was down to a scattering of black remnants no more 2" tall and it was gone by Sunday.  The pile behind us was looking much better last week but it disappeared too.  

So I thought tonight that we were done with snow, except for maybe an inch or two once or twice at night at best. 

I am skeptical about another foot but weather was always surprising and it's even more surprising today than it used to be.   

The 0z Euro Control “lost” the good snow that it had on its 12z run, lol !

Some of these extreme model runs are fun to look at, but the chances of a historic event at any time of year, especially now, are slim.

The upcoming pattern for late March & early April does support at least many of us seeing some snow showers. We would need good luck & timing for anything more than that at this point.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Good point with the qpf.    All the big ones are always hard to measure with undercatch from the wind.    (Gauge)

Tell me about it.  This is the biggest obstacle I face with the cylinder gauge and why core samples can be so important, although they present their own challenges.

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The 0z Euro Control “lost” the good snow that it had on its 12z run, lol !

Some of these extreme model runs are fun to look at, but the chances of a historic event at any time of year, especially now, are slim.

The upcoming pattern for late March & early April does support at least many of us seeing some snow showers. We would need good luck & timing for anything more than that at this point.

Sorry pal.  I didnt mean to piss in anyone's cheerios yesterday, but what you just stated is spot on.  It's really late in the game and while some tellies are suggesting more favorable looks....it's still really late in the game.  As this winter has rarely had good looks, it's going to be even more difficult to shoehorn our way into a nice event as we approach EOM and early April  Yep, it sure can happen but odds (especially this year IMO) are really slim.  On the bright side, there is surely a window of opp that something might pop as the east looks coolish during this period.   

54 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Team played fast and free last night. Seemed like the entire vibe was relaxed, and the very guys who I've been critical of all season stole the spotlight. Bench (and Maxey) decided the game. 

Sort of like letting a new user doing the PBP here, right?  LOL.  Relaxed and fun.  

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Elliott talking snow - says that what he thought back at the end of February that would happen in April...is gonna happen:

https://www.millersville.edu/weathercenter/forecasts/weather-discussion.php

That is quite a chilly forecast  @TugHillMatt had posted about things blooming and i had commented they are not here but amazing those trees he has in his pic. 

19 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That is quite a chilly forecast  @TugHillMatt had posted about things blooming and i had commented they are not here but amazing those trees he has in his pic. 

Oh, wow! I'm not surprised about your forsythia blooming...that's pretty common for Southern PA.

Thankfully the only thing here are the tiny crocuses just starting. The daffodils are a couple inches out of the ground. Still some veeeeery dirty snow piles scattered about.