Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

8 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Low of 23 here last night.  Getting the grill fired up this week, which tells you everything about the weather we're in for tehe.

So, I can't remember who, but someone in here had mentioned this weekend about MDT reporting periods of moderate and heavy snow yet adding very little to their totals.  Sure enough, I just went through their five minute observations and during that final blast of snow in the afternoon which led to whiteout conditions and accidents and all that, they were reporting a solid half hour period with moderate to heavy snow and visibilities ~1/4 mile but only added a T of liquid and from what I can tell nothing to their snowfall.  I mean, c'mon what are we doing here.  MDT lists a total daily snowfall of 3.0", which I guess seems reasonable but there's no way that last band was properly accounted for.  A Cocorahs observer in Middletown totaled 4.2" of snow, which ironically enough would have broken the previous Harrisburg daily snowfall record of 4.1" from 1959.  Hmmmmmmm.

Who could be the culprit?  It's a mystery (but not really, LOL).

12 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Low of 23 here last night.  Getting the grill fired up this week, which tells you everything about the weather we're in for tehe.

So, I can't remember who, but someone in here had mentioned this weekend about MDT reporting periods of moderate and heavy snow yet adding very little to their totals.  Sure enough, I just went through their five minute observations and during that final blast of snow in the afternoon which led to whiteout conditions and accidents and all that, they were reporting a solid half hour period with moderate to heavy snow and visibilities ~1/4 mile but only added a T of liquid and from what I can tell nothing to their snowfall.  I mean, c'mon what are we doing here.  MDT lists a total daily snowfall of 3.0", which I guess seems reasonable but there's no way that last band was properly accounted for.  A Cocorahs observer in Middletown totaled 4.2" of snow, which ironically enough would have broken the previous Harrisburg daily snowfall record of 4.1" from 1959.  Hmmmmmmm.

You should be a private detective. You are the master at uncovering information. :) 

4 minutes ago, paweather said:

Yes, the Magic should have won but Tobias needed a game like this one. I am still on the train for victory with them will not give up yet. 

Understood. I haven't given up on anything - they just aren't as good as a lot of people assume that they are. Expecting this team to win the title; even the eastern conference is like expecting snow maps to verify. Remote chance. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Understood. I haven't given up on anything - they just aren't as good as a lot of people assume that they are. Expecting this team to win the title; even the eastern conference is like expecting snow maps to verify. Remote chance. 

This is not always a great compare but if they were in the West, they would be the #5 seed only 3.5 games away from the playin tournament. 

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I get it, but I think they can get to the title series. But after that I don't think they can beat a west coast team in a 7 game series. 

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

49 and beautiful. Snow is all but gone already.

I was just going to post that my snow is going to make it today.  Surprised a bit.  Still snow on the driveway actually.  I had some more to spare though.  LOL   45 degrees.    It will be gone tomorrow or Wed.   Excuse the screen.  Not going outside at the moment. 

DSC07923.JPG

11 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I was just going to post that my snow is going to make it today.  Surprised a bit.  Still snow on the driveway actually.  I had some more to spare though.  LOL   45 degrees.    It will be gone tomorrow or Wed.   Excuse the screen.  Not going outside at the moment. 

DSC07923.JPG

Is that the Rouzerville Pike? 

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Is that the Rouzerville Pike? 

If it was, you would see a lot more people streaming into Walmart and Lowes :-) Rouzerville officially has only one light but there is a second light just outside the Village and the area around those two lights is always full of Walmart, Goodwill and Lowes shoppers.  LOL.   

• Like 1

GFS with huge changes in the mid range.    Cold still locked away but lingering just above us in a drastically different scenario vs. 6Z where the Atlantic spring into action.    Just need a properly position low to take advantage.  Super drastic changes in the Midwest.  As it plays out, it is nothing for us but at this point any chance is a good one for the coldinista's. 

12Z

image.thumb.png.cf4bba7ad9d8da43a9b51d033757cc9d.png

6Z 

image.thumb.png.0f43d78cd0d36bcd8718f0778ede1001.png

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

GFS with huge changes in the mid range.    Cold still locked away but lingering just above us in a drastically different scenario vs. 6Z where the Atlantic spring into action.    Just need a properly position low to take advantage.  Super drastic changes in the Midwest.

12Z

image.thumb.png.0f1dc44c80991086cf3e3e28bc457d46.png

6Z 

image.thumb.png.0f43d78cd0d36bcd8718f0778ede1001.png

Winter far from over.

• Sad 1