Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

2 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

I dont have off hr access to Euro, but all other models that have storm are not B's....as there is no transfer regarding SLP.  Precip outputs may present as a B, but technically, its just us finding another way to get jipped...:P

LP was moving up nice a steady then moved couple hundred miles in 3 hr frame so thats my ob of Miller B.   As you stated precip shows how to get jipped

I was writing the below before several of you were already describing things the way I have below...so I'm just adding my two cents...

Is this really a Miller B?  the low starts out down in central Alabama and moves northeast to northwestern Georgia, to north central South Carolina, to just off the southern Virginia coast, and then the jump happens up to southeast of NYC.  But, the jump doesn't happen until the low is practically at the coast.  A "jump" is more of a low pressure well inland, coming northeast over the Appalachians heading up towards southwest PA with the jump taking place there to the coast as a new low pressure center, and then redeveloping / strengthening moving northeast from there.  In our case while there appears to be a "jump", the low is already at the coast before the jump. It almost has more of a Miller A'ish  look to it, but regardless, the MA appears to receive the jackpot once again.

18 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I've noticed over all these years that in Pa that  most times there's a " Shadow" or screw zone in North Central Pa with Miller Bs or hybrid transfers . Just been my memories over the last 25 + years.  Hopefully all see something because today was 0.0" . It goes up from here lol

This is why Elmira, NY only averages around 40 inches a year.

31 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

I was writing the below before several of you were already describing things the way I have below...so I'm just adding my two cents...

Is this really a Miller B?  the low starts out down in central Alabama and moves northeast to northwestern Georgia, to north central South Carolina, to just off the southern Virginia coast, and then the jump happens up to southeast of NYC.  But, the jump doesn't happen until the low is practically at the coast.  A "jump" is more of a low pressure well inland, coming northeast over the Appalachians heading up towards southwest PA with the jump taking place there to the coast as a new low pressure center, and then redeveloping / strengthening moving northeast from there.  In our case while there appears to be a "jump", the low is already at the coast before the jump. It almost has more of a Miller A'ish  look to it, but regardless, the MA appears to receive the jackpot once again.

Well said. We are in good shape.

There is a lot of upside to this storm.

Way to early to worry about precip totals or jackpot areas.

Feel like I am missing out on the Miller talk but Miller or not, assuming we are talking 18Z Euro, there something going on off the coast at hour 78....see circled area below.  At hour 84 that something now has an elongated look to it like it is absorbing the first low (and the moisture).  That is my non professional take on the precip hole.  It may have already been said as I missed some of the posts.   I saw another post stating that it was a change in where the model focused showing the low at the baroclinic zone which is basically what I think happened. 

image.png.123e3cfefb79341576b546d171b8bf30.pngimage.png.b3cb44ef20b339880584057b1666bf46.png

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Feel like I am missing out on the Miller talk but Miller or not, assuming we are talking 187Z Euro, there something going on off the coast at hour 78....see circled area below.  At hour 84 that something now has an elongated look to it like it is absorbing the first low (and the moisture).  That is my non professional take on the precip hole.  It may have already been said as I missed some of the posts. 

image.png.123e3cfefb79341576b546d171b8bf30.pngimage.png.b3cb44ef20b339880584057b1666bf46.png

Miller Lite? 

44 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

^^^. This. Well stated bud. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Feel like I am missing out on the Miller talk but Miller or not, assuming we are talking 187Z Euro, there something going on off the coast at hour 78....see circled area below.  At hour 84 that something now has an elongated look to it like it is absorbing the first low (and the moisture).  That is my non professional take on the precip hole.  It may have already been said as I missed some of the posts. 

Whatever happens jumps the precip up coast.  Our best panels. 
from 84 to 87 

I mentioned a Miller B look then many had other ideas 

1 minute ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Whatever happens jumps the precip up coast.  Our best panels. 
from 84 to 87 

I mentioned a Miller B look then many had other ideas 

I am just enjoying the model talk.  Note that what the nam showed is not much different just much further apart.  Low forms then weakens as something new forms way off the coast.

38 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I know there's also Miller A/B hybrids as well 

Yep sure are. For any B there still has to be a “transfer”. As others stated, this one, like today is riding a boundary.  Difference is the next one should have better trough axis for our region. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Feel like I am missing out on the Miller talk but Miller or not, assuming we are talking 18Z Euro, there something going on off the coast at hour 78....see circled area below.  At hour 84 that something now has an elongated look to it like it is absorbing the first low (and the moisture).  That is my non professional take on the precip hole.  It may have already been said as I missed some of the posts.   I saw another post stating that it was a change in where the model focused showing the low at the baroclinic zone which is basically what I think happened. 

Can you look it share 700 panels at same time stamp. That’s where our storm should show best.