Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

Just now, Cashtown_Coop said:

Thursday Night

Snow, mainly after 9pm. Low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible. 

Friday

Snow likely before 8am, then a chance of snow showers between 8am and 9am. Partly sunny, with a high near 28. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

CTP already throwing out numbers 

Not a good move

1 minute ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Thursday Night

Snow, mainly after 9pm. Low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible. 

Friday

Snow likely before 8am, then a chance of snow showers between 8am and 9am. Partly sunny, with a high near 28. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

CTP already throwing out numbers 

Those look pretty good if basing it on the GFS/CMC camp. 

1 minute ago, kerplunk said:

Had very efficient stoves and rarely had to do that. That said, we did once live in a place where a jar of water would freeeze if left on the floor overnight, and we’d heat up stones on the stove, wrap them in towels and put them in the bottom of the bed for the night. That and long underwear along with ski hats made it downright cozy. Haha.

I was thinking of old fashioned brick fireplaces in each room.  I guess I was going too far back.   Not sure i would like sleeping in a ski hat! 

17 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Understood - even if it's not a Miller B, the modeled precip shield takes on a Miller B appearance on a lot of the models. 

12k vs 3k show several hundred mile difference in SLP placement.  I think 12K NAM has some catching up to do .  Once it shifts SLP south twds other guidance, me thinks all this Miller chatter goes away.  Enough guidance suggests this runs under us just like it should given setup.  

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Some discussion in the MA board about transfers and middle fingers of no snow,  so others are seeing the Miller B possibilities shown on the Euro, EPS and Nam 12.   I hope those suites shift a bit south in today's runs. 

I sniffed it out yesterday.   Pivatol membership paying off 

I should have said Miller Bish

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The thing that would bother me most is making sure the heat is sufficient all night.  Having to get up to throw in a log would be a hassle. #firstworldproblems

first world problems for sure, but buy one of these and you dont have to.  https://www.blazeking.com/products/wood-inserts/sirocco-25/

Truth told, its taking some getting used to w/ catalytic converter in it, but last night was the "best burn" we had.  put wood on at 930 and woke up to nice bed of coals to drop 2 logs on before work.  House was warmest weve had it since owning (18yrs).  Heat didnt kick on once.  Really impressed.  This system is known for 24-30 hr burns (w/ airtight house blah blah blah).  

I love cutting, splitting wood, but am old enough that after chimney fire last spring, we really considered propane insert.  We then agreed that NOTHING heats/feels like wood, so we did this.  

this system is so efficient, that we get a 26% tax credit for installing it.  When catalytic is engaged....you cant see the smoke outside.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

@sauss06, missed seeing the warm temp reports from Central Cumberland this weekend.   You probably hit 63-64 right? 

I'm in Northeast Cumberland County

17 hours ago, Wmsptwx said:

Where is Sauss? He’s like my favorite poster ever.

:drunk:

17 hours ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Central Cumberland?  Summerdale?  Last time I looked Summerdale was along the Susquehanna river.  (j/k)  Carlisle is the most central significant town in central Cumberland.  Now that I have that settled, I can report that in the shade my high temp yesterday was 61.3 degrees F.  Had my station been in the sun I would have easily been 63 and possibly 64.  So I can mostly confirm your suspicion.:santa:

Yep, bred, born, raised........a lifer 

I thought he told me he lived between Mechanicsburg and Carlisle....off 81.  Maybe that is where he works?  I did remember your reports and thought of it possibly being an issue when I typed Central Cumberland,  so you got me.  LOL. 

Work in Harrisburg

17 hours ago, canderson said:

@sauss06 and I can pass a football to one another across the river. He works about 2 miles away from me on the east side of the river. 

He gave me details of not being far off 81 at some point, and it felt like he was describing the route 114 exit near Wertzville rd.    So I misread/misheard what he was trying to convey.   You guys have some great throwing arms!

Years of doing 12oz curls, great arms.

I can't log on at home as i have forgotten my password. I was to get assistance from a Mod, but that hasn't happened yet. so i can only get on at work where i have been permanently logged in since 1946. 

Bring this storm home boys

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I can't log on at home as i have forgotten my password. I was to get assistance from a Mod, but that hasn't happened yet. so i can only get on at work where i have been permanently logged in since 1946. 

There is a forgot password link :-).   I fondly remember the days when Randy, fresh off a high of the US winning World War 2, decided to try out that new fangled internet and open this board.  

My apologies about misunderstanding your description of where you lived.  Not sure why I thought it was near Wertzville Rd. 

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

There is a forgot password link :-).   I fondly remember the days when Randy, fresh off a high of the US winning World War 2, decided to try out that new fangled internet and open this board.  

My apologies about misunderstanding your description of where you lived.  Not sure why I thought it was near Wertzville Rd. 

i did have help. There was a mod that was suppose to reset my password, but has yet to do so. 

No reason to apologize. You were close to the right exit. i am the next one heading north  

@Bubbler86check your powerball ticket 

Someone who bought a ticket in Washington County won a prize shortly before Christmas, but might not know it.

As of Monday afternoon, no one had claimed a winning $50,000 ticket sold at the Hagerstown Sunoco, according to Maryland Lottery spokesman Seth Elkin.

The winning numbers for the Dec. 29 drawing were 2, 6, 9, 33 and 39 with the Powerball number of 11.

The Hagerstown Sunoco is at 1000 Dual Highway at Eastern Boulevard North.

6 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

first world problems for sure, but buy one of these and you dont have to.  https://www.blazeking.com/products/wood-inserts/sirocco-25/

Truth told, its taking some getting used to w/ catalytic converter in it, but last night was the "best burn" we had.  put wood on at 930 and woke up to nice bed of coals to drop 2 logs on before work.  House was warmest weve had it since owning (18yrs).  Heat didnt kick on once.  Really impressed.  This system is known for 24-30 hr burns (w/ airtight house blah blah blah).  

I love cutting, splitting wood, but am old enough that after chimney fire last spring, we really considered propane insert.  We then agreed that NOTHING heats/feels like wood, so we did this.  

this system is so efficient, that we get a 26% tax credit for installing it.  When catalytic is engaged....you cant see the smoke outside.  

That looks really great. Back in 1986 I actually had an HS Tarm wood fired boiler imported from Europe and installed in the basement that was big enough to heat my whole place with circulating hot water. It used the catalytic converter principle and an insanely small amount of wood. Unfortunately, got a divorce and had to sell the place before I ever had a chance to use it. But it was really cutting edge at the time and would have saved me an awful  lot of work compared to the individual wood stoves.

6 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

@Bubbler86check your powerball ticket 

Someone who bought a ticket in Washington County won a prize shortly before Christmas, but might not know it.

As of Monday afternoon, no one had claimed a winning $50,000 ticket sold at the Hagerstown Sunoco, according to Maryland Lottery spokesman Seth Elkin.

The winning numbers for the Dec. 29 drawing were 2, 6, 9, 33 and 39 with the Powerball number of 11.

The Hagerstown Sunoco is at 1000 Dual Highway at Eastern Boulevard North.

Darn, the weekly trash was just taken away. 

15 minutes ago, kerplunk said:

That looks really great. Back in 1986 I actually had an HS Tarm wood fired boiler imported from Europe and installed in the basement that was big enough to heat my whole place with circulating hot water. It used the catalytic converter principle and an insanely small amount of wood. Unfortunately, got a divorce and had to sell the place before I ever had a chance to use it. But it was really cutting edge at the time and would have saved me an awful  lot of work compared to the individual wood stoves.

That's cool....(not the divorce part....sorry).  Not heard of that system, as I've used Kodiaks, both at cabin and house.  Now having this....yeah they are not too efficient comparatively speaking. 

Being told I'll us 25-33% less wood w/ this system, so that was another factor....

In summary, I still get to play w/ wood....just not as much :lol: .  Go ahead y'all...have some fun at my expense. 

• Haha 1

Low of 18 here.  I will be extra tuned into the 12z guidance today, as models should really be in their wheelhouse.  

I watched Ben last night as well, and like others, this Packers fan got a little misty eyed.  This batch of QBs retiring hits me different because it feels like the last group that is even semi linked to my childhood, even though I had been years out of high school when someone like Ben was drafted ha.  It still has the 'ol timer feel to it a bit, know what I mean?  Anyway, people can discuss his legacy as they see fit but Pittsburgh having 18 straight years without a losing season, while no other team is even remotely close to that, is extraordinary and just a model of consistency.  There's something to be said for that it today's world.  Respect.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, paweather said:

He was the man for the Steelers for a very long time. Similar to Bradshaw

sounds like i need to find a vid of his exit.  I always appreciate a good sign off for someone deserving....and although they arent my team (Eagles), I give him props....cept that little bump in the middle of his career....he's human so nbd.