• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

Well I think this puts an end to another chapter in the chronicals of weather.  This one was called  A vs B.

Next chapter is now called southern slider.... WTF.

Hate to say it, but like it or not, the SLP is riding the boundary like it should....even if not good for all back yards.  IF we can get it to pop a bit more, expect the northern periphery to respond accordingly.  Plenty of time gang.  

8 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Well I think this puts an end to another chapter in the chronicals of weather.  This one was called  A vs B.

Next chapter is now called southern slider.... WTF.

Hate to say it, but like it or not, the SLP is riding the boundary like it should....even if not good for all back yards.  IF we can get it to pop a bit more, expect the northern periphery to respond accordingly.  Plenty of time gang.  

So a Miller A then?  

2 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

You guys are slow!  I told you it was a miller A 12 hours ago...lol.

If you look at Miller maps on the internet, people try to put every conceivable low track into a Miller A or Miller B.  The only real difference is that Miller A's do not transfer.  But some people have Gulf Lows as Miller A's and some depict clippers turning into Miller A's.  It's a very messed up classification system.  LOL. 

40 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

RGEM wants to focus on the same areas that just got walloped with yesterday's storm, could certainly see that being the case.

Its not a far fetched option at all. IMO the models are narrowing to another MA to CTP special.....me thinks.

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

Its not a far fetched option at all. IMO the models are narrowing to another MA to CTP special.....me thinks.

Yeah, I mean I know this isn't exactly a scientific explanation, but how many times have we seen these things happen in waves where the same areas got concentrated on during a multiple storm pattern?

Some bonus material for ya......one of my uncles favorite quotes:  "Sometimes me sits and thinks, and sometimes me just sits."  Always loved that one haha.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

If you look at Miller maps on the internet, people try to put every conceivable low track into a Miller A or Miller B.  The only real difference is that Miller A's do not transfer.  But some people have Gulf Lows as Miller A's and some depict clippers turning into Miller A's.  It's a very messed up classification system.  LOL. 

This has always been my interpretation.  Need gulf/atlantic interaction from a deep trough, which we do not have here for a "clean A".  Maybe Mag or someone w/ better knowledge of the weather jargon, can add to it.   I felt the transfer (B option) was bunk on the models given the setup and that why I stated my reasoning regarding the storm just riding the boundary...like a good little storm should....hehe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kerplunk said:

Heated exclusively with wood for over a decade in a large log home with 3 wood stoves in the Montrose area. While I agree there’s nothing like wood heat on a cold morning and I do miss that, I don’t miss all the work of cutting, splitting, hauling, etc. - not to mention the dirt, chimney maintenance, etc. But I still get nostalgic when I walk outside and smell woodsmoke in the neighborhood.

I actually got a stoker coal stove which burns rice coal.

A lot less work. 

6 minutes ago, pawatch said:

Bub plenty of time it’s going to bump north.

Yeah while last event wasnt a crowd pleaser for us, remember where it was 3 days prior.  Plenty of changes (even subtle) to come that will have a notable difference to how much we shovel.  

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am just enjoying the model wobbles, disco, and 6 hourly changes :-).  My comments do not mean I am sold on any one solution. :-) 

agreed.  I think right now all we can do is look to narrow the cone, and I thing the norther cone still has room to grow.  Gut says this is a LSV/CTP special come go time as boundary lifts north a bit.  Just my hunch....for now, and part of the fun for me.  Going w/ my gut and seeing how it ends up....and sometimes its on the throne :P

5 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

agreed.  I think right now all we can do is look to narrow the cone, and I thing the norther cone still has room to grow.  Gut says this is a LSV/CTP special come go time as boundary lifts north a bit.  Just my hunch....for now, and part of the fun for me.  Going w/ my gut and seeing how it ends up....and sometimes its on the throne :P

Yes.    Normal adjustments 

3 hours ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Thursday Night

Snow, mainly after 9pm. Low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible. 

Friday

Snow likely before 8am, then a chance of snow showers between 8am and 9am. Partly sunny, with a high near 28. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

CTP already throwing out numbers 

image.thumb.jpeg.b01881735686dd7000dd7e713c7094c6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ab4d6cc2d4ecab4e3d224949572e0ddc.jpeg

1 to 2 with DC jackpot!! Sign me up!