Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

1 minute ago, MAG5035 said:

It is kinda brutal to watch this evolve. The surface low goes from GA through the interior Carolinas to near VA Beach which is often workable for a good portion of the subforum. It’s a great shortwave but a tight system and there’s not enough amp in the pattern to bring it up the coast some or northern branch interaction digging into it to draw a much broader precip shield. 

Yep, in some situations this is a WSW track for us.  But model wise, there is nothing turning it north...no negative or neutral tilt.  Its full speed ahead East North East. 

1 minute ago, MAG5035 said:

It is kinda brutal to watch this evolve. The surface low goes from GA through the interior Carolinas to near VA Beach which is often workable for a good portion of the subforum. It’s a great shortwave but a tight system and there’s not enough amp in the pattern to bring it up the coast some or northern branch interaction digging into it to draw a much broader precip shield. 

Yes, well said. Most of the time we get at least something from this type of track.

13 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Very unusual for it not to snow in Lanco with a low off the VA capes. Brutal cutoff that we're likely just on the wrong side of. 

I'm not one to deprive others, I hope the MA does very well. 

I've been on the wrong side of those brutal cutoffs so many times. Once where I got 1-2 inches at my house, and the Lehigh Valley had 15+ inches just 30 miles south.

11 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I've been on the wrong side of those brutal cutoffs so many times. Once where I got 1-2 inches at my house, and the Lehigh Valley had 15+ inches just 30 miles south.

You sure have. I'm going (likely at this point) be disappointed tomorrow but appreciative for how often I've done very well at the expense of others. Disappointed? Yes. Bitter for me? Not at all. 

Best run yet of the Euro with the 1/7 storm, really upped the totals. Like I mentioned last night this event is going to be cold on the snowy side. Little mixing at all in PA, looked mostly relegated to far SE PA (Philly). Tennessee Valley-Delmarva transfer. I don’t understand why folks keep asking “where this storm has gone”. Good thing we’re not the Mid-Atlantic forum, someone would say go look for yourself lol. 

**Edit to add on 0z Euro ensemble stuff as well. Also, I’m not saying the GFS op is wrong or anything, but again….it’s literally the only thing that doesn’t snow on us with this the last several runs. Even the 0z GEFS has half decent 1”+ probs for PA.

image.thumb.png.2ef59886100bd0f2d144545870ccbb1a.png

image.thumb.png.0641cf60f3435328ef73b544308611e0.png

image.thumb.png.fb08f3aab09ee920b2c71a2159844bf9.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MAG5035 said:

Best run yet of the Euro with the 1/7 storm, really upped the totals. Like I mentioned last night this event is going to be cold on the snowy side. Little mixing at all in PA, looked mostly relegated to far SE PA (Philly). Tennessee Valley-Delmarva transfer. I don’t understand why folks keep asking “where this storm has gone”. Good thing we’re not the Mid-Atlantic forum, someone would say go look for yourself lol. 

**Edit to add on 0z Euro ensemble stuff as well. Also, I’m not saying the GFS op is wrong or anything, but again….it’s literally the only thing that doesn’t snow on us with this the last several runs. Even the 0z GEFS has half decent 1”+ probs for PA.

image.thumb.png.2ef59886100bd0f2d144545870ccbb1a.png

image.thumb.png.0641cf60f3435328ef73b544308611e0.png

image.thumb.png.fb08f3aab09ee920b2c71a2159844bf9.png

0z Canadian also still looks great for Friday.’

CC1F8AAD-9F04-4B8D-BF41-AADCFB8FBCAA.png

6A343E91-788C-4F15-A30C-43BA63E4DFBD.png

6230D8CA-0657-48F8-BA74-455534B56096.png

Just now, losetoa6 said:

I had a quick service call to Union Mills  , Md ,  and haven't seen a flake yet on my travels . 

When I left my Vp2 it  was showing 30F with a NE wind ...usually a good sign for moisture but not today :lol:

Yeah I just walked the dog and we have a NNE wind but I can see a hint of pink sky off in the NW distance which is dreadful! 

Fingers crossed for Thursday/Friday

6 hours ago, MAG5035 said:

Thanks MAG for another great writeup and analysis! You're a treasure to the forum! That being said, that Euro map is 12+ for me. 

I might have an off day if that would verify...lol