• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

Speaking of short/near term models. Here’s the 12z HREF for posterity. I know CTP utilizes it and pretty sure it was mentioned in the AFD this morning (not being much help at the time). 

517962266_SPCHREFEnsembleViewer-24-hrsnowfallensprobability-matchedmean.thumb.png.825791874c52d4b310fd0666b1a2576d.png

It seems pretty clear across the model spectrum at this point that 8-12” or so is a pretty good possibility in the axis of heaviest snow. Gonna be important to keep an eye on surface low track. This model put this swath out with a surface low track hitting the coast at the OBX near Hatteras. GFS was a VA Beach track and Euro was pretty close to that too…big difference for the southern tier of our subforum. 

46 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Speaking of short/near term models. Here’s the 12z HREF for posterity. I know CTP utilizes it and pretty sure it was mentioned in the AFD this morning (not being much help at the time). 

It seems pretty clear across the model spectrum at this point that 8-12” or so is a pretty good possibility in the axis of heaviest snow. Gonna be important to keep an eye on surface low track. This model put this swath out with a surface low track hitting the coast at the OBX near Hatteras. GFS was a VA Beach track and Euro was pretty close to that too…big difference for the southern tier of our subforum. 

If I were CTP, I would definitely do advisories for the S and SE sides of Adams, York and Lancaster considering the timing of back to work. 

Just now, Wmsptwx said:

DC right on edge in some of these. Northern MD may be a screw zone.

If not for the GFS and a bit of the Euro, we would probably not even be talking about this as the rest of the modeling is a nothing burger for PA.  (Unless someone wanted to do some actually Met work and not model reading like I am doing today!)