Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Monitoring a potential important TV to East Coastal storm: Jan 17

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Only reason I'd still hold out for a bigger solution is that we are still 96h from go time...if we were 72 then I'd be resigned to an Albany or CT River track.

But outside of the GFS, there isn't much support for something more favorable. Pending the Euro obviously, but I do not expect it to improve much, if at all, based on other 12z globals. IF Euro comes in flatter and ensembles also show that trend, then I think there is renewed life in this.

I could easily see the SLP end up near the upper cape, but that doesn't change the fact that the mechanics to drive a very heavy snowfall are just not present, barring major wholesale changes that seem very unlikely at this lead. Not trying to be a debbie, but that is how I see it...and yes, my frustration with this season is oozing out into my posts.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Lets get H5 to close off in Houston next time, to make for more fun forecasts.

You guys mock me about LBSW, but the number one way to c0ck block your self from a biggie is having H5 close off a decade before it reaches you....it just introduces an orgy of limiting factors.

Actually ... common function of vernacular aside, I don't ... because at a glance, LBSW looks like LGBTQ to me, and may as well be a derivative of the movement for all I know because I don't know what what the former means -

We make up abbreviations in here that requires a bit of fuller on-board life-saddling commitment to keep track of - I'm not a candidate for linguist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I could easily see the SLP end up near the upper cape, but that doesn't change the fact that the mechanics to drive a very heavy snowfall are just not present, barring major wholesale changes that seem very unlikely at this lead. Not trying to be a debbie, but that is how I see it...and yes, my frustration with this season is oozing out into my posts.

Take your 6 and drizzle and run lock that up in Arctic air and enjoy the clipper of 2 to 4 then await the next big dog. Active

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Bob thinks everyone who disagrees with him is wishcasting. Yea maybe put disclaimers on so the righteous have no ammo

Nope.  I just think people are only looking for the snowiest/coldest solution without taking into account the polar opposite solution.  This storm looks like a pile of dung E of the River.  Get up into the Berks, C/NNE and have at it.

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Actually ... common function of vernacular aside, I don't ... because at a glance, LBSW looks like LGBTQ to me, and may as well be a derivative of the movement for all I know because I don't know what what the former means -

We make up abbreviations in here that requires a bit of fuller on-board life-saddling commitment to keep track of - I'm not a candidate for linguist.

LOL Load Blown Southwest...just a raunchy vernacular for occlusion.

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

Nope.  I just think people are only looking for the snowiest/coldest solution without taking into account the polar opposite solution.  This storm looks like a pile of dung E of the River.  Get up into the Berks, C/NNE and have at it.

New here?

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I don't think there's much hope for a major snowfall, but there's still the difference between like 8-12" and 2-5" on the table which is a pretty large impact from a sensible wx standpoint.

Still feel a moderate event is possible for most of SNE.   If just one of those questionable parameters are off a bit, strength of shortwaves, timing, high to the north, this changes the outcome obviously.     

But Is this the monster it was touted a few days ago…no. It’s become(at least currently) much more tame.  

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

You are a cunninlinquist though.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I don't think there's much hope for a major snowfall, but there's still the difference between like 8-12" and 2-5" on the table which is a pretty large impact from a sensible wx standpoint.

Yea, okay..agree....but I think 12" is pushing it. That high would need to trend better fast BC I doubt we wil see the necessary mid level changes to drive those amounts.

3 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Agree and it often begins 7-10 days out from the storm even being in position to impact the area.