• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 6/7 "Event" and obs

stormtracker

Shellacking in progress. 2”+ and coming down hard. This band means business. 

The low off the coast is getting going, as heavy precipitation is blossoming at the mouth of the Delaware Bay. The next 1-2 hours are pretty crucial as far as evolution is concerned 

0116BE63-4F65-42A0-91A7-297D47098830.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ji said:
3 minutes ago, TSG said:
I partially agree but we're too far SW to get in on the best big coastals which is something I miss about DC.

How did you do in 96 2003 2016?

2003 was a huge sleet mess in C'ville (I was in school there at that point) - still about 12" of accumulation but the best stuff was about 100 miles to the north.

2 minutes ago, Ji said:
4 minutes ago, TSG said:
I partially agree but we're too far SW to get in on the best big coastals which is something I miss about DC.

How did you do in 96 2003 2016?

I was there in 2003. When Fairfax got 30" of snow, Charlottesville got 9" of graupel. And I'm still not over it. 

2 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Event extended (area). Winter Storm Warning from 1/7/2022 12:07 AM to 4:00 AM EST for Carroll County, MD. https://inws.ncep.noaa.gov/a/a.php?i=65057631

Overdue for sure. Had a feeling it was comin’ for us. It’s going bananas out there with enough storm left to justify the warning   

Looks like things are about to get good in the metros in the coming hour or so.  Anticipating a big pop on the radar shortly 

• Like 2