• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I measured 16.2" here, most of the southtowns got 14-18". We also had that surprise event back in December with 6-9" of LES. The last LES event was a pretty big bust here as winds were too strong, had a little over 4" in that one. Hasn't been great, but not terrible. 

Agreed. There was great snow in the southtowns this past storm but the definite majority was up north. Niagara county got rocked and had to close schools beyond MLK day. What’s weird is for once the airport has more snow that many southtowns locales, and that’s definitely not the norm. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I’ve witnessed blizzards, heat waves over 100 degrees, tropical systems, severe weather of all types…but I’ve never experienced cold like that. That’s something I would like to feel. 

I feel it for the 10 seconds it takes me to run to my pre heated car (for 20 minutes lol) and that's about all I can take.  It's too damn cold.  Give me temps in the 10s and heavy snow and I'm happy :snowing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Agreed. There was great snow in the southtowns this past storm but the definite majority was up north. Niagara county got rocked and had to close schools beyond MLK day. What’s weird is for once the airport has more snow that many southtowns locales, and that’s definitely not the norm. 

Yeah I was up there definitely got way more snow. That was a rough drive. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sub_Zero said:

I feel it for the 10 seconds it takes me to run to my pre heated car (for 20 minutes lol) and that's about all I can take.  It's too damn cold.  Give me temps in the 10s and heavy snow and I'm happy :snowing:

Have you ever been to this place in Ottawa? I went here a few years back it was incredibly beautiful. There was an edm party going on after we bungee jumped. Was nuts 

639F589D-B6A0-442A-B0A1-D64C877D45BC.jpeg

• Like 3

Just now, TugHillMatt said:

When we can't get Lows that go over SE NY and the Hudson valley to produce SNOW here....we are SCREWED. Absolutely ridiculous... it's harder to get a legit snowstorm here than it is the South these days. Lol

Southeast ridge in La Nina years favor inland tracks? I'm not sure the reason. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Southeast ridge in La Nina years favor inland tracks? I'm not sure the reason. 

Thanks, but even during what used to be normal Winters, a Low that is being depicted there would give snow. It's like the area northwest of Lows is so much milder than it used to be and you have to be soooooo far Northwest to stay snow.

24 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Looks about right..

I thought you were just trolling us but no...that was the "good" EC panel.  After destroying the GA & SC snowbelts and a crippling icestorm for MS & AL, we get treated to THIS: 

To quote our fearless leader:  C'mon Man! ;)

EuroF216.png

• Haha 3