• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

Just now, mississaugasnow said:

Im honestly over big time storms so sign me up for 3-5" across the GTA and a delay in the pattern change. Sounds weird but delaying a SE ridge by even 7-10 days in mid to late Feb makes a big difference. Also allows us to keep snow pack just a bit longer

The only storms that matter are big storms...

Spongebob Squarepants Get Out GIF - Spongebob Squarepants Get Out Kick Out  - Discover & Share GIFs

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Theres also no such thing as big storms in Toronto, so you should be fine ;)

I missed the actual big one because I was down in Florida. Theres just something thats changed in the last 5ish years where I switch to spring come mid-late February. I definitely hate warm November-Januarys but couldnt care less about February ideally first half snowy second half thaws out. March its fully go historic or stay warm 

3 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

I missed the actual big one because I was down in Florida. Theres just something thats changed in the last 5ish years where I switch to spring come mid-late February. I definitely hate warm November-Januarys but couldnt care less about February ideally first half snowy second half thaws out. March its fully go historic or stay warm 

I'm the same but I go to Mid March. Also December wasn't a winter month this year. So its only been 40 days of winter.

9 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

I love a good shellacking in early May. I love that we really only have 4 months where a snowstorm is not possible. 
Wish we could get that down a couple months though…

Go hiking in ADK. I once ran into a snowstorm on June 12th and many times see good snow in September.

• Weenie 1

Cool article I found. They've had snow recorded in every month except maybe August?

A Memorial Day weekend storm piled three feet of snow on Whiteface in 2013, prompting some people to grab their skis.

He pointed to the writing of the explorer Samuel de Champlain, who, after exploring the lake that would eventually bear his name in July 1609, wrote that he saw mountains to the east that were covered in snow.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/08/nyregion/snow-in-june-its-forecast-for-the-adirondacks.html

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

Huge difference in one run on the Canadian from 12Z to 0Z. Hopefully it's not just a blip and other models continue the SE track. I know chances of it being mostly snow here are rather slim...but perhaps more wintry than just a huge thaw.

Don't look at the latest gfs

Rough pattern ahead coming up 

• Sad 1