• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

2 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

If not mistaken, isn’t this an almost IDENTICAL situation as the last storm? We were supposed to torch wed-Thur that next week and as Monday hit we were looking at a snowstorm instead?…

I was thinking the same thing. Not sure if the outcome will be different though with the indices in the midst of changing.

1 minute ago, Thinksnow18 said:

If you look at the 12 z it almost looks to develop a second wave as the front slows down. I wonder what 18z has in store

Well its similar in that there is a high pressure pushing in from Canada. I don't see the multiple waves riding along the front like the last system had. There will be a very small area with snowfall, at least what the current guidance shows.

6 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

If not mistaken, isn’t this an almost IDENTICAL situation as the last storm? We were supposed to torch wed-Thur that next week and as Monday hit we were looking at a snowstorm instead?…

Yeah it does look fairly similar with a slow/stalled frontal boundary and a wave or multiple waves riding it.. Same kind of backside HP as well as the Atlantic ridge..

This is the upcoming event..

gfs_mslp_pcpn_atl_20.png

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

If you look at the 12 z it almost looks to develop a second wave as the front slows down. I wonder what 18z has in store

One of the Mets on one of the other subs mentioned to be on the lookout for such an outcome. Mentioned another wave could form along the front as it slows down to the SE. Which, is very similar to what we had recently.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Advisories should be up for entire south shore. Could see this event drop 4 to locally 8 inches.

IDK about advisories but it’s a sneaky event. Well aligned winds for south shore. Light winds which is always good. Tonight and tomorrow night look good. I’ll be watching for meso lows. 
Precip is exploding on the west end of the lake. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rochesterdave said:

IDK about advisories but it’s a sneaky event. Well aligned winds for south shore. Light winds which is always good. Tonight and tomorrow night look good. I’ll be watching for meso lows. 
Precip is exploding on the west end of the lake. 

Yeah looks like a strong lake response already

On 2/7/2022 at 2:33 PM, tombo82685 said:

No, what I’m saying is to keep an eye on that period. I don’t think it’s a done deal cutter. Phasing this winter has been pretty tough this winter as most events have had that stretched h5 pos tilted trough look. I could see that occurring here.

On 2/8/2022 at 12:42 PM, tombo82685 said:

that day 9/10 setup def favors the kbuf to kart zone again. Fits the phase 2 composite mjo in nina, gradient with se ridge

nina_2_feb_mid.png

gfs-ensemble-all-avg-conus-z500_mslp-5099200.png

:popcorn:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

We flipped away from the stupid torch winds and have dropped almost 10 degrees this afternoon. Back below freezing again at 31 degrees with decent snow showers.

My snowpack survived our mini torch but is probably down to 2-3 inches. There are some small bare spots in drainage areas but the remaining snow will freeze into an ice sheet tonight.