• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

2 hours ago, rochesterdave said:

GFS and Euro remain stubborn. Rain…slowly running out of time. 

Hate to say it, but we are already out of time.  To me once we lost our cold winter is over. With everything being water logged and mud now, to me a snow storm would be salt in the wound. I do hope we have some cold and snow on the ground for Maple Weekend...It just hurts when winter leaves as quickly as it came. 

Rgem hits this area up pretty good late Monday into Tuesday but the NWS doesn't seem to enthused due to the lack of moisture..

A weak trough tracking across the region Monday night, along with a
wind shift to the southwest to west over the longer fetch of the
lakes will help reinvigorate the lake response northeast of Lake
Erie with SW winds, and east of Lake Ontario with westerly winds.
The better fetch over the lakes should result in better organized
single bands off of both lakes, but there is still a notable lack in
synoptic moisture, limiting snowfall to an inch or less for these
areas. Weak warm air advection with the shifting winds will cause
nighttime lows on Monday night to occur earlier in the overnight,
with slow warming through the night, especially for WNY

rgem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_79 (1).png

1 hour ago, TugHillMatt said:

I thought we were finally done melting snow as much as temps dropped into the 30s...but nope, popped back up into the 40s in this stupid sauna of a city. 12Z model runs also now show lake effect snow avoiding us too. Winter in the Cuse rolls on...

It got down to 34 here last night but jumped up to 42 this morning. Had a narrow line of showers move through between 9:00 and 9:30 with about a 2 minutes burst of grauple.  It’s sunny here now but cold air advection she start soon. Temperatures in Western New York are already below freezing. 

Edit: should start soon. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

It got down to 34 here last night but jumped up to 42 this morning. Had a narrow line of showers move through between 9:00 and 9:30 with about a 2 minutes burst of grauple.  It’s sunny here now but cold air advection she start soon. Temperatures in Western New York are already below freezing. 

Edit: should start soon. 

The cutter at the end of the week will be our first real one of the season. I have mixed feelings about what I hope for after that. Kind of tired of playing the "hit or mostly miss" game this winter has brought. I would love a few solid snowstorms in March, but not if we're treading the line like we have so often the past several years with almost every event. 

4 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

The cutter at the end of the week will be our first real one of the season. I have mixed feelings about what I hope for after that. Kind of tired of playing the "hit or mostly miss" game this winter has brought. I would love a few solid snowstorms in March, but not if we're treading the line like we have so often the past several years with almost every event. 

Except the big storms like 1993, most snowstorms you're treading the line. Even that big one in Boston last week south of Boston got 30"+ but north of Boston only got 12". 

• Like 1