Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2022

George BM

4 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

The other way the Bills blew it...Ravens fans should remember this. About 10 years ago against Cincinnati in a similar set-up on the first snap, the Ravens basically tackled every Bengals receiver and took the defensive holding penalty. Five yards - big whoop. More importantly, burned five seconds and made it impossible for something like what happened last night to happen. Bills should ABSOLUTELY have done that on the snap from the 25 with 13 seconds left. 

NFL changed the rules after we did that. Committing multiple penalties on a play to "influence the clock" is a 15 yard penalty and they reset the game clock to what is was at the snap. I was thinking the same thing until someone told me about the rule change. 

All the Bills had to do was kick a returnable kickoff, rush 2, drop everyone else in coverage and clog the middle 10-15yds. 

Just now, mdhokie said:

NFL changed the rules after we did that. Committing multiple penalties on a play to "influence the clock" is a 15 yard penalty and they reset the game clock to what is was at the snap. I was thinking the same thing until someone told me about the rule change. 

All the Bills had to do was kick a returnable kickoff, rush 2, drop everyone else in coverage and clog the middle 10-15yds. 

Ah, ok. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

fyi the James Webb telescope is like 50 miles away from its insertion point rn

Absolutely mindblowing what we can do in space. Launch a satellite whose destination is a million miles away, and do it with precision.

I mean...that's not even to mention the whole notion of using the gravity of other planets as slingshots, but needing to hit those locations at precise moments. Just ridiculous stuff.

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

Absolutely mindblowing what we can do in space. Launch a satellite whose destination is a million miles away, and do it with precision.

I mean...that's not even to mention the whole notion of using the gravity of other planets as slingshots, but needing to hit those locations at precise moments. Just ridiculous stuff.

the images from this thing are going to be incredible.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WinterFire said:

Honestly at this point I'm hoping this teases us right up until gametime and then is a complete whiff just because it might finally break that guy. Worst member of this forum, honestly.

Well, I wouldn't go so far as wanting to see that this event teases us and then we get whiffed...but damn, his shtick grows REALLY old for sure!

3 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Well, I wouldn't go so far as wanting to see that this event teases us and then we get whiffed...but damn, his shtick grows REALLY old for sure!

At least it's usually just a very short negative thought. Rarely ever more than one incomplete sentence. Not terrible.

Just now, Stormpc said:

At least it's usually just a very short negative thought. Rarely ever more than one incomplete sentence. Not terrible.

True.  But when it's like 10 posts in a row strung together, it's pretty aggravating, even if each one is short.  Maybe that's an exaggeration on my part, but I have seen that, several posts one after another.

1 hour ago, paulythegun said:

Miller A had the hat, but this weekend, it's the other one

millerb.thumb.jpg.389134e56dfb5f9ef72ce3da6469e589.jpg

Okay, good meme, and TJ is one of my favorite...and arguably so underrated...actors ever. I really need to get back to finishing the later seasons of The Expanse. Great show.

Unrelated note -- I just noticed that it's STILL dusk, a semi-pretty though cloudy-ish sunset, and STILL MOSTLY LIGHT. Dear God, I might yet get past this seasonal affective disorder....  ;) 

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic