• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

18 minutes ago, LoboLeader1 said:

NWS depicting temps near 50 here on Thursday. Hopefully it's not a heavy rain given the fresh snow pak OTG.

There will be a warmup midweek but if the late week storm tracks further south it will be more brief  and in fact the snow pack may replenish as opposed to get completely wiped out. 

3 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Yeah the GFS/GEFS has largely been more SE ridgy overall D5 and beyond last few runs than the EPS/GEPS which is odd given it cranks the MJO into 3 and many other MJO guidance plots showing nothing like that

I am torn. Want energy savings bit at same time do not want to end up with the 7th below average snowfall season this century. Right now at 15 (I measured only 6.5 in Easton which was lowest in SW CT).

Hopefully the EURO is right with the snowstorm as the front passes late week.

5 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Recent model runs correcting much stronger with the Arctic high pressure for next week.

New run

99D6A3DC-89D8-4AB0-B220-C9C5F9680B35.thumb.png.4126976385130ea1f19810871c69b3b6.png

Old run

BF6EF296-A8D2-4B9B-88F8-3871A330F293.thumb.png.01bcb2297f46533f469e7296f3debab9.png

If nothing else Feb is looking more active with cold on our side of the hemisphere. Too bad there does not seem to be blocking but happy with 2 to 4 events.

2 hours ago, Monmouth_County_Jacpot said:

The great Houdini his “MO” is to go into hiding durning a storm and shows face a few days later. 

It’s the same day, couldn’t post before because my limit was up. Nice try and I like your new alter ego, you can change your name all you want I know who you really are lol

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, HeadInTheClouds said:

Exactly. And then try to tell us how the next potential storm is not going to work out. Rinse. Lather. Repeat. 

Funny how to certain people here the storms are always “trending” to a NYC metro area snowstorm without fail, every single time…..if it’s too far east, it’s “trending” west, too far west? it’s “trending” east, too far north? It’s “trending” south, too far south? It’s “trending” north…just as sure as the sun rises in the morning, you can predict exactly which way a particular storm is “trending” in their minds….

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

24 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

It’s the same day, couldn’t post before because my limit was up. Nice try and I like your new alter ego, you can change your name all you want I know who you really are lol

Hey genius my avatar is the same and that private message you send me obviously shows you my name. I no longer reside in NYC which is why I changed my name. What’s your point????

• Weenie 1

31 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Funny how to certain people here the storms are always “trending” to a NYC metro area snowstorm without fail, every single time…..if it’s too far east, it’s “trending” west, too far west? it’s “trending” east, too far north? It’s “trending” south, too far south? It’s “trending” north…just as sure as the sun rises in the morning, you can predict exactly which way a particular storm is “trending” in their minds….

curious.gif

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, gmendevils8204 said:

Is it me or does the warmup not look as impressive now? Just checked the weekly forecast for my town. Warmest days only get up to 42.

It really depends on what happens with the high placement and the track of late week storm, it will be the difference between one day of 40s on Wed and maybe Thu or Wed-Fri all into the 40s/50s.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snowman19 said:

It’s coming :-) 

Those error bars are mighty large. I wouldn’t put much faith in any pattern from the models over 10 days out warm or cold as we have consistently seen. I’ve eaten a lot of crow this year already thinking December would be average and January slightly above. Once December was so warm I didn’t anticipate such a huge reversal given the models. They have not been good in the long range. My advice, roll with it. We had a great winter storm today and January has been a true winter month which has been amazing. Honestly looking at the pattern I think February will be around average (given DJF and average overall temp) and a cooler March. That’s my two cents for now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, snowman19 said:

One thing that is always trending is you being wrong in the end. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Weenie 1