Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I think by mid month the pattern is shit...short window to work with the week of 1/7-14 and even then may need some luck. Latitude is best.

I guess the hope is that we really pop a mid month PNA, like 2011.

I'll be cheering for dews by then if it's shit. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

CFS is actually frigid for Jan, Feb, and March. It was correctly very warm for Dec....

Oh I am sure we are going to go straight to cold and dry at some point...then we can nickle and dime ourselves straight through March, but snow is snow and will be happy no matter what I guess

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I think by mid month the pattern is shit...short window to work with the week of 1/7-14 and even then may need some luck. Latitude is best.

I guess the hope is that we really pop a mid month PNA, like 2011.

So if I read this right Ray ....best shot from say Jan.7-14th? And then we go down the shitter again? I think you mentioned in your outlook  Jan was so so? But the way I read that January is "short lived", Have you lowered your seasonal projection or you still sticking by your guns? 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Man the GEFS and EPS are pretty different in the N PAC in the 11-15. GEFS has a nuclear EPO ridge…almost 2015-Esque. EPS are really lowering heights in AK though there is still some cross polar flow to the N of AK

I don't mind the EPS..maybe clipper-ish? Has a decent ridge out west and a mean placement of surface  high pressure north of New England.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Man the GEFS and EPS are pretty different in the N PAC in the 11-15. GEFS has a nuclear EPO ridge…almost 2015-Esque. EPS are really lowering heights in AK though there is still some cross polar flow to the N of AK

Typical EPS Bias with the lower heights in AK. As far as the GEFS goes I really hope it's right. Yes, many references going around this winter will be like 2014-2015. 

• Weenie 1

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Lol that’s what I’ve been saying… pray the GEFS is right .. west coast ridge is trending better though on eps so that’s good, let’s just clean up Alaska. 

• Like 1