Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Why is everyone creaming their jeans on a faux event a week + away when Tuesday snower is right in front of us?

I don't think anyone is creaming their jeans for one...and this is a January pattern thread, where long range is the focus. Start a thread if you are so sold on Tuesday.

Its three days out-

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Why is everyone creaming their jeans on a faux event a week + away when Tuesday snower is right in front of us?

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I don't think anyone is creaming their pants for one...and this is a January pattern thread, where long range is the focus. Start a thread if you are so sold on Tuesday.

Its three days out-

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I don't think anyone is creaming their jeans for one...and this is a January pattern thread, where long range is the focus. Start a thread if you are so sold on Tuesday.

Its three days out-

4 days but who’s counting.  Today’s Friday but it kind of has a Saturday vibe to me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yes, I guess...I'm just not married to any particular timeframe at this range in fast flow. I supposed I could have explicitly qualified that, but also wasn't sure if it isn't implicit at that range.

Yeah... I don't have any opine farther out in time... In fact, I'm wondering if the Feb is up in the air.  I realize the Weeklies threaten another 80 mid month ( "half" snark) ... but the America telecons are split ... and we've seen the Weeklies prove their futility in the past. 

I think the SSW is dead for now... ugh. It looked promising?  it did, but, I've noticed after a week of monitoring the GEFs are can kicking while modulating warming lower...  It's like how many correlations have stop working since 2010 ?  holy hell -

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

image.thumb.png.1141ffd39b71f7eb178825f73b8c9371.png

12 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yes, I guess...I'm just not married to any particular timeframe at this range in fast flow. I supposed I could have explicitly qualified that, but also wasn't sure if it isn't implicit at that range.

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

??

image.thumb.png.fcf6e1d27aebc17cdf68af522fce9636.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

This is just a fantastic photo!

i've always loved the snowfalls where you can look up and see the shadowed aggregate clumps against the white sky. That pic has it to the extreme....very large aggregate clumps....likely hooked dendrites of course given the BL temps in the snow growth zone. Probably 20 or 25  to 1 fluffer nutter.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

i've always loved the snowfalls where you can look up and see the shadowed aggregate clumps against the white sky. That pic has it to the extreme....very large aggregate clumps....likely hooked dendrites of course given the BL temps in the snow growth zone. Probably 20 or 25  to 1 fluffer nutter.

zactly!   That ( bold ..) is probably why one sees a lot of that effect in alpine video of dim sun backdrop and frontage like slow motion swarming bumblebees. They haven't had time to collide and normalize

23 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm not pinning my hopes to a single threat at 8-11 days + lead.

Gee, I can’t understand why? 

I am hopeful we get a little more cooperation between the N & S streams for end of next week but either way, I am in no way discounting February for the possibility of some decent overrunning events.