Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I don't even consider that realistic....I think we need to have that weaker.

Yeah the northern stream only draws it due north when the low goes through BGM....when we need it, it will act as a kicker.

That's what happens in a White Snake winter like this year. :lol:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Ray and I would prob trade the rest of the winter to get this one to verify

image.png.3f8172e39cca9e425d035cd8b2e45dec.png

I have already said...done. I will take one event like that and not another flake....and mind you, I would still have endured a fourth consecutive season of well below normal snowfall.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah it makes the southern low more dominant and it's able to get a decent WCB going plus some ML fronto on the backside

Even the 12z GFS was not that far off, Would be good if we can get that one back a bit, At least its something closer to watch.

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I have already said...done. I will take one event like that and not another flake....and mind you, I would still have endured a fourth consecutive season of well below normal snowfall.

Yep....I'm already resigned to having a below normal snowfall winter, so I'd take the HECS and run if offered right now.

I'm aware that there is still the chance we get lucky and rip off a great 3-4 weeks somewhere in there, but I wouldn't trade a big storm for that longshot chance.....not that any of have the choice anyway, lol....but that is where my mindset is at. I'm shooting for the big bucks at this point, not the small game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yep....I'm already resigned to having a below normal snowfall winter, so I'd take the HECS and run if offered right now.

I'm aware that there is still the chance we get lucky and rip off a great 3-4 weeks somewhere in there, but I wouldn't trade a big storm for that longshot chance.....not that any of have the choice anyway, lol....but that is where my mindset is at. I'm shooting for the big bucks at this point, not the small game.

Welcome to Ray's world...nice to have you.

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

Real nice looking run across all of New England. That would be a crowd pleaser. 6-10.

Yes, you can get on board with that southern wave and ditch the moose farts for this one. This one can snow decently for most of the forum. They'll be plenty of other chances for moose flatulence.

• Like 1

This appears to me to be a toned down version of the Bible bomb we saw on the 12z run yesterday ...

It really takes a similar track, just not as deep, the mechanics perhaps 70% of what yesterday's buzz saw was working with.  And as Will or whomever that was pointed out about the U/A, it's largeness, then expanding as it comes N, we sort of trade yesterday's intensity for mass and still ends up with a major impact...

Again, this to me is a real event out there... probably the next thread-able eventually but now isn't it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

12z Ukie trying on 1/26 too...nuisance event in the end, but not far off from a GGEM solution.

For the record ...I don't believe we were assessing much more than that?  - originally, I wasn't.   It was a clipper being watched as the next credible "anything" really.

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

For the record ...I don't believe we were assessing much more than that?  - originally, I wasn't.   It was a clipper being watched as the next credible "anything" really.

I'm not expecting much from it, but there were two sort of "interesting" potentials with that one....the first potential was solely northern stream giving us a NJ-model redeveloper....that idea went out the window a few cycles ago when the northern stream trended too far north. A second emerging "interesting" scenario started showing up when that energy in the southwest got ejected and rides around the base of the northern stream giving the system new life for something bigger than a 1-3" nuisance event. I think the southern stream scenario is tougher because it requires both good timing and also having the southern stream maintain its integrity long enough before getting ground up by the geopotential gradient.....but the GGEM shows how its done. Ukie was fairly close but the shortwave weakened a little too quickly.