Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Mid to Long Range Discussion ~ 2022

buckeyefan1

4 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

My bet is there is an inconsequential 10 minute period of sleet at the onset as the precip overcomes the dry air then a transition to the type of miserable rain that makes us want spring. 

That is probably about right lol.

• Haha 1

I really think around day break tomorrow there could be issues around the I77-I40 corridor. I know it's not looking like much but with temps as could as they were this morning and the lastest hrrr showing temps right around 30-31 even the lightest amounts of drizzle/sleet could cause issues on bridges and overpasses. To me this a tricky situation because even the slightest amount of ice can catch people off guard especially when the news says expect zero issues on the roadways. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, WXNewton said:

I really think around day break tomorrow there could be issues around the I77-I40 corridor. I know it's not looking like much but with temps as could as they were this morning and the lastest hrrr showing temps right around 30-31 even the lightest amounts of drizzle/sleet could cause issues on bridges and overpasses. To me this a tricky situation because even the slightest amount of ice can catch people off guard especially when the news says expect zero issues on the roadways. 

A ton of dry air to overcome though. I wouldn't necessarily expect any precip, even drizzle before 12z. Temps may be slow to budge though

download (2).png

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WXNewton said:

Agree 100%

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wncsnow said:

Would be a travel nightmare 

zr_acc.us_ma (4).png

Listened to Brad P's video today and he basically said roads would have zero issues that road temps were running mild! People hear that on the news and don't think anything else about it until they are sliding sideways on a bridge. 

19 minutes ago, WXNewton said:

Latest RAP model shows several hours of light freezing rain tomorrow morning. Temps around 31, already sitting at 30.5 in Newton and clear skies, any precip could cause some issues. Also hit a low of 21 this morning so the ground is cold. 

zr_acc.us_ma.png

Yea my car said 29 just now so I agree

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Road temps are definitely not mild here. It was 18 last night and barely got above freezing in shady areas. Its 25 now already. 

All models are trending wetter tonight and real time temps seem to be running a little cooler than most models are showing.

• buckeyefan1 changed the title to Mid to Long Range Discussion ~ 2022
  • buckeyefan1 unpinned this topic