• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York-Into Winter!

2 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

I always thought it looked like a 4. Some structures survived and vehicles were recognizable. 5’s leave nothing but engine blocks and twisted frames. Just my thoughts. Not that it matters for humans. 

A 4 doesn't destroy a newly installed driveway, There is loads of evidence of ground scouring around breman and dawson springs.

43 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

This also shows slabs of houses with nothing else there

I don’t understand if you’re building a house on a slab why you don’t incorporate a safe room in the house. The extra cost during construction couldn’t be that much and I’d much rather eliminate a family room or the likes for a room where I know my family will be safe. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rochesterdave said:

Ugly lol. Tell me you’re surprised image.thumb.png.451768fff58e01918e0efe8e6912aa7d.png

Heading right for Sizzlecuse. Color me shocked.

11 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Lots of ugly solutions in there lol

GEFSNE_prec_ptypens_078.png

GEFSNE_prec_ptypens_078 (1).png

Likewise....maddening how so many of course show that warm sizzle surging to a peak northern latitude of the freaken sizzle...right up through the eastern Finger Lakes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

I’m expecting nothing more then a half hour of snow switching over to sleet and then quickly to rain. Not expecting anymore then a dusting that will be gone within an hour after the changeover. Just not a good setup for us on the lake plain south of BUF. 

Not a good setup for anybody...unless on a mountain top, high peak, or perhaps the latitude of Maine.

I think the 18Z NAM has the farthest North track we could see this go, while the 18Z Rgem has the farthest South. My call is a slushy coating to maybe 3 inches max across lower elevations north of the southern tier.

Winters of the Synoptic Shredder Sizzler Suckage.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

I’m expecting nothing more then a half hour of snow switching over to sleet and then quickly to rain. Not expecting anymore then a dusting that will be gone within an hour after the changeover. Just not a good setup for us on the lake plain south of BUF. 

That’s right I forgot you’re down there…I think there’s a good likelihood of a little more than that for you, but I understand your consternation. 

3 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

This December has gone mad- or is that normal for the 21st C? 2015, 16, 18, 19, and 21 have all been on blowtorch mode.

Do you think 2021 will be the warmest year on record for Upstate NY? I wasn't there earlier in the year, but ever since I arrived it's been well above average.

The past decade has been a blowtorch.  I don't know what the heck is going on with Syracuse but it seems to be ground zero for ridiculous warming. Not sure if they moved the thermometer at the airport to right outside an exhaust pipe or if the hellmouth below is releasing more heat... 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

This December has gone mad- or is that normal for the 21st C? 2015, 16, 18, 19, and 21 have all been on blowtorch mode.

Do you think 2021 will be the warmest year on record for Upstate NY? I wasn't there earlier in the year, but ever since I arrived it's been well above average.

First it was the grim reaper of winter TugHill Matt gracing us with his presence, now the flame thrower known as Blue Moon kicks the door down…who pissed  off the heavens?!?!?!

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

First it was the grim reaper of winter TugHill Matt gracing us with his presence, now the flame thrower known as Blue Moon kicks the door down…who pissed  off the heavens?!?!?!

@Blue Moon, I'll make sure to really push Thinksnow for a 2 bedroom shanty for our banning to Worth, NY...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2