Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York-Into Winter!

2 hours ago, Ericjcrash said:

I like it. 

sn10_acc.us_ne-1.png

Yeah you're in the best place of any of us for a solution like the Euro. A wave tracking west of the apps up into western PA is gonna result in sloppy mix for most everyone here. We need that wave to stay south and redevelop off the coast earlier for anyone outside the North Country and E NY to get any decent snow. Be nice if that HP was centered in Quebec instead of north central Ontario.

• Like 1

For all my Buffalo peeps the legendary Don Paul is on WIVB the next couple days snd he have a sneak peek at what the longer range models are showing for the Xmas timeframe and beyond…in his words the low chance of a white Xmas is a little better with the upcoming changes, but he really feels it could get pretty downright cold towards the new year. If you know him like many of us do, he’s not a hype man. This is great news 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

For all my Buffalo peeps the legendary Don Paul is on WIVB the next couple days snd he have a sneak peek at what the longer range models are showing for the Xmas timeframe and beyond…in his words the low chance of a white Xmas is a little better with the upcoming changes, but he really feels it could get pretty downright cold towards the new year. If you know him like many of us do, he’s not a hype man. This is great news 

I’ll believe it when I see it. I’m going 75 with a passing rain shower. 

• Haha 1

Kbgm

Little change. Models in a little better agreement on the Friday
night into Saturday system. With the fast flow surface
development doesn`t get going. For now kept precipitation rain
or snow but a small chance of mixed precipitation to start. Most
of this event will be rain Saturday morning. Colder air comes in
behind this with a weak lake effect event Saturday night into
Sunday. The next system comes in Monday on the GFS and Canadian
but the Euro has high pressure.

3 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Gefs says what snow? Lol

GEFSNE_prec_ptypens_108 (2).png

GEFSNE_prec_snens_144 (4).png

These show a common issue we've had the past several winters. It's either weak and strung out and goes farther south, or if it gets just a little bit of strength, it cuts and goes north. Whiff or rain.

Ugly Pacific problems.

Have a good morning, all! Hopefully we'll be tracking and seeing legit winter events starting this weekend.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Gefs says what snow? Lol

GEFSNE_prec_ptypens_108 (2).png

GEFSNE_prec_snens_144 (4).png

Yeah that looks much more realistic than these OP snowfall outputs. The pre-storm airmass is stale/warm and with no strong HP to the north and a LP wave (albeit weak) riding up west of the mtns into PA, I don't see snow being a dominant precip hardly anywhere, and those that start as snow probably switch to taint and/or rain pretty quick outside of maybe the North Country and parts of E NY.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BGM Blizzard said:

Yeah that looks much more realistic than these OP snowfall outputs. The pre-storm airmass is stale/warm and with no cold HP to the north and a LP wave (albeit weak) riding up west of the mtns into PA, I don't see snow being a dominant precip hardly anywhere, and those that start as snow probably switch to taint and/or rain pretty quick outside of maybe the North Country and parts of E NY.

Yep. This is the probably how it goes down. It’ll want to go right into Jamestown.