• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York-Into Winter!

5 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Already received the national grid text lol I lost power on Monday night from 40 mph gusts so the potential for 60-70mph makes me a wee bit nervous on the power front lol I did get a generator this year but it's not currently wired to the house, I could run extensions to it if needed..(Refrigerator, artificial heat etc...)

Screenshot_20211210-174159.png

Screenshot_20211210-180039.png.c5a5b813d

I'm on storm Duty out-of Watertown Sunday. Be nice and maybe you'll get ur power back faster. ;)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Wind gusts to 64 in Chicago under a advisory. Much stronger than forecasted

Dude winds are already sustained at 31 gusting to 45 at BUF , wth?? There’s already a constant low roar here in Derby and the front is 6-8 hours away. Have a gut feeling we’re going to be seeing some 70+ mph gust on the Niagara Frontier today. 

41 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Dude winds are already sustained at 31 gusting to 45 at BUF , wth?? There’s already a constant low roar here in Derby and the front is 6-8 hours away. Have a gut feeling we’re going to be seeing some 70+ mph gust on the Niagara Frontier today. 

I think these are the normal downsloping winds ahead of the system. Should be a lull for a few hours before the front comes through. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, vortmax said:

Thinking this indicates a stronger synoptic situation for everyone or just a more favorable wind direction for ORD? 

The system as a whole appears a tick or two stronger than forecast at this time which is unusual.  They usually verify a bit under guidance so this bodes well for higher end wind gusts.  As for Michigan, I have no idea how they weren’t under warnings two days ago, that seemed like a slam dunk with their earlier timing of the frontal passage. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

I think these are the normal downsloping winds ahead of the system. Should be a lull for a few hours before the front comes through. 

Yes was forcast to have some strong SE-S winds early this morning out ahead.  Should die down for a bit and actually stay rather quite until the front roars in.  Still feeling like 3-330 will be the start of things. 

• Like 1

Just now, vortmax said:

Nightmare for those people. 

What I don't understand is why there were people working in these facilities when this was a long track tornado warning...The warning time was like an hour or two ahead of time, even more if you saw the SPC outlook. All those deaths were unnecessary.