• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Windspeed

58 minutes ago, gopack42 said:

Thanks for your insight.  We always have to be careful with the possibility of seeing deep fake photos, etc.  I have no clue what HARRP is, but will try to find info about it (at least the technology...not to find out if it's real or true or not).  I do find the formations very odd and "too perfect", which is why I wanted others more knowledgeable to comment.  Again, thanks.  

I ment to say that The photos probably are faked but Mistyped, oh well. 

1 hour ago, dseagull said:

He was looking for information on a topic that interested him, and was berated as a result.  The intolerance here is astounding.  It's supposed to be a forum for discussion, not bashing.  He explained that he has been a lurker for many years and is a noob.  He was looking for information, not trolling. Jeez.  

Ffs. 

• Like 2

I bet if I watch a five hour sat animation I will see random cold spots appear where solid hot convection should be happening. Of course random scientific explanations suggestion a dry air pocket from somewhere or some other weird reason why a perfect eye won't come together.

Another Gulf storm with an eye disease. But its early and I'll watch. Plus I have hundreds of posts to read to catch up! :)

• Like 1

Ok sorry I posted it in the main thread, but wmsptwx downplaying this with every single post is starting to annoy the hell out of me.

I don’t like weenies that scream “omg cat 5” but I also can’t stand constant downplaying when a lot of things point towards RI.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, buckeyefan1 said:

I don't get why everyone has been expecting to see anything other than what this storm is currently doing. Other than consistently being on the right side of guidance, Ida has been performing as expected.

See my post right after yours. It’s getting old as hell

2 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

People kinda forgot that strengthening is proportional to strength. (much easier for a stronger storm to strengthen quickly) 

Ida has done everything on que. From crossing cuba, to dispelling the dry air, fighting a touch of shear and now fully wrapping a 25 mile closed eyewall, all while strengthening to a high end cat 2. During the day. Sigh...

This is why I love the banter. More opinions and observations, and passion.

I agree Ida may reach its potential, but a Major by noon today faded away. And still weird issues in the convection around the eye all day that throw it off.

Yet if this same storm was heading to the Yucatan the eye would be perfect totally surrounded by solid convection. We'd all be talking about that.

Why do Gulf storms have breaks in the convection? Consistently. Tell me. ;)

5 minutes ago, Prospero said:

This is why I love the banter. More opinions and observations, and passion.

I agree Ida may reach its potential, but a Major by noon today faded away. And still weird issues in the convection around the eye all day that throw it off.

Yet if this same storm was heading to the Yucatan the eye would be perfect totally surrounded by solid convection. We'd all be talking about that.

Why do Gulf storms have breaks in the convection? Consistently. Tell me. ;)

German submarines