Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2021 Banter

George BM

3 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Looks like Dobbins is done for the season. MRI will confirm shortly. Totally sucks. Feel bad for him as he was likely going to have a monster season. Ravens will manage with Gus the Bus and others, as long as the OL is healthy and gels with the new pieces.

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, mappy said:

First day of school for my third grader. where has the time gone. 

2 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Felt that way when I dropped off my senior 2 weeks ago. 

Middle and HS and I just can’t believe they are already a few years from being done

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, H2O said:

We have had a driver shortage to start the year.  Buses have been late and not as many routes covered due to it.  But this has nothing to do with Ida so I'll stop bantering

Yup.

My third-grader's bus was 25 minutes late on the first day of school and was 30 minutes late on the way home on Wednesday. It's a little frustrating, but it is what it is.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 6:50 PM, CAPE said:

Why play your best players in a meaningless preseason game? I don't get it. It was shaping up to be a big season for JK Dobbins...now, playing this season at all is in question.

Not sure it can work any other way. At some point they have to actually play football. Going into your first real game without any preparatory contact can be dangerous as well. It’s just an unfortunate happenstance. It could have easily happened in practice. Look what happened to Teddy B. He was in a non contact practice when his injury happened.

4 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

That’s exactly what I said yesterday. No way the wind blows over a dumpster on wheels in the middle of the street lol

Reminds me of the time, I think it was TWC, where they were sitting in a boat in the middle of what looked like a rather large flooded area, only to have someone walk through the live shot showing the water was only a few inches deep 

• Like 2

Just now, mappy said:

Reminds me of the time, I think it was TWC, where they were sitting in a boat in the middle of what looked like a rather large flooded area, only to have someone walk through the live shot showing the water was only a few inches deep 

lol found it, was the Today Show

• Haha 4

Just now, mappy said:

Lol yeah and then there was Mike Seidel. He’s standing there like he’s about to be blown over and those two dudes came strolling by.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

:lmao: 

“Is your oar hitting ground?”

giphy.webp?cid=82a1493bytbx8ni34nn2ypowz

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9521c35b2e6f09415116

I saw that and thought the same thing, right before they asked.  Didn't she say that they wouldn't let her in the deep water? 

When I was watching Cantore yesterday, I thought that he may have had his crew push that dumpster through the shot to simulate the wind.  It had to be staged that way. 

6 minutes ago, H2O said:

The thing that got me on tilt about Cantore was he purposefully stood at the end of an alley way where winds funneled between buildings jacking up wind speed artificially. It is for theatrics

totally agree.  At least poor old AL Roker was getting lashed by the waves. :-)     

He had to try and get some street cred within the meteorologist community. 

I lost all respect for their reporting after they were busted in NJ during Sandy.

Someone recorded them and put what you saw if you were there and what was on TWC for viewers side by side.  TWC viewers saw a reporter getting pelted by sand tossed by (alleged) 70mph gusts.  What (viewers) did NOT see were people out of frame bent over using their hands between their legs like a big ass dog picking up sand and tossing it so the wind picked it up making it look a LOT worse than it was.

Then a few years later (Mathew IIRC) the reporter that can barely walk in such treacherous winds [sic] but they forgot about the happy dog owner walking in the background with no difficulty whatsoever, barely TS conditions!

Let's face it, their viewership has tanked due to internet, apps, et al.  So they have to sensationalize.  After all, it's rather boring.

Jim Cantore's THUNDERSNOW reaction videos, OTOH, are priceless! :D

And yes, RIP John Hope.  He was the voice of authority when it came to tropical.

And apologies in advance if this was posted in the Ida thread...

This is what 100+ mph winds look like for real!

• Like 2

I used to love watching the weather channel, now I don't unless its winter and there is a storm. I would come home from school in 5th grade to weather underground (back when weatherunderground still was somewhat scientific and new) so excited to see the latest storms during the winter... never got those dark purples on the map though, always went to the north. Now I still like turning on weatherunderground if a storm is coming but its more of a memory/nostalgia thing, still can be ok to watch but not great for a main source of information. 

• mappy unpinned this topic