• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Summer 2021

Just caught up … they’re gonna get the NE eyewall. Ugh. Have quite a few friends all down in the bayou x they are tough folk but they’ve been hit over and over and over again recently. 

I pray to god all those hospitals have enough backup generators and they have the military able to set up field hospitals immediately because they were not able to evacuate any of the hospitals down there which currently are mostly at capacity

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, it's a great tracking event and something people talk about every year RE: remember Lee, etc.  Hopefully it's a good track but little flood situation.  I think training should cancel any date plans just in case.

LOL.

Going to enjoy whatever comes this week from the comfort of my home.

Or...my work office. 

I do agree with Losetoa6, it's fun to track these tropical systems.

16 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

LOL.

Going to enjoy whatever comes this week from the comfort of my home.

Or...my work office. 

I do agree with Losetoa6, it's fun to track these tropical systems.

They are the summer version of a winter storm when one might have impacts on our area. At least for me, anyway. Like winter, I'm looking at the globals, and then the mesos every cycle checking track, qpf, wind potential,  etc. 

And of course looking and hoping to be the ever elusive bullseye...lol

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Voyager said:

They are the summer version of a winter storm when one might have impacts on our area. At least for me, anyway. Like winter, I'm looking at the globals, and then the mesos every cycle checking track, qpf, wind potential,  etc. 

And of course looking and hoping to be the ever elusive bullseye...lol

Good point and it is interesting to track even though there are no snow maps for these events to post!

3 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

12mb drop in 90 min. 944 now

Here is the updated National Hurricane Center IDA Advisory that was posted in the Tropical thread….

Hurricane Ida Advisory Number  12
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL       AL092021
400 AM CDT Sun Aug 29 2021

...DANGEROUS CATEGORY 4 HURRICANE IDA STRENGTHENS SOME MORE...
...LIFE-THREATENING STORM SURGE, POTENTIALLY CATASTROPHIC WIND
DAMAGE, AND FLOODING RAINFALL WILL IMPACT PORTIONS OF THE NORTHERN
GULF COAST BEGINNING LATER THIS MORNING...

SUMMARY OF 400 AM CDT...0900 UTC...INFORMATION
----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...28.0N 89.1W
ABOUT 75 MI...120 KM S OF THE MOUTH OF THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER
ABOUT 145 MI...235 KM SE OF HOUMA LOUISIANA
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...140 MPH...220 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...NW OR 315 DEGREES AT 15 MPH...24 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...946 MB...27.94 INCHES

9 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, it's a great tracking event and something people talk about every year RE: remember Lee, etc.  Hopefully it's a good track but little flood situation.  I think training should cancel any date plans just in case.

I'll for sure as hell never forget Lee. That week of flooding was the craziest I ever saw. I had to get somewhere in hershey during that and every other road I tried to drive through was flooded and I couldn't drive through. Then the roads buckled in certain places. I don't think I ever saw the river as high as I did that time. But that also came with one of the wettest years on record and Irene had hit a few weeks prior so everything was soaked

But yeah looking at the gfs and euro I think we're looking good for a ton of rainfall in the next few days. For me personally the past 2 months have been insane in terms of rainfall. I think we've already gotten like 12 inches of rain lol

5 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

12mb drop in 90 min. 944 now

Could end up being one of the worst case scenarios for NOLA.  Taking the eye direct is bad but this is just about as bad.  Hospitals are at capacity with Covid and now this.  And who knows,  NOLA could still take a full direct hit.  It's a 'Cane and does what it wants.    Shows the importance of not taking model or NHC data and making definitive predications.  

15 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

The HPC rainfall forecast map would be problematic for a lot of our area. We don't do all that well with 6 inches of rain around here.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at4+shtml/093339.shtml?rainqpf#contents

And as shown with Fred and pretty much any tropical system, if a direct hit the high end totals are probably too low. 

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Depending on how long it survives, this web cam may have some dramatic views.    Water was no where to be seen when I turned it on and its now several feet deep.  That water tower may be the only thing left. 

https://www.severestudios.com/storm-chasers/john.humphress2.html

Dang that’s some crazy scary $h*t!!