• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Summer 2021

19 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Storm petered out here but I did get some decent rain.  4 days out of 6 it has rained this week.  Only two were significant though.   Golf course looks to get wet. 

Hoping it fizzles out.  Disease pressure is pinned at extreme this past week and continues.  Water laying on turf overnight is a bad recipe 

5 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Most of us in the southern half of PA do not need 2 to 4 inches or more of rain this week.

Imagine if we got this Precip map for a snowstorm this Winter?

A classic case of being careful of what you wish for. A few weeks ago, many were begging for rain because it was so dry and lawns were turning brown. Now look...

I guess none of us is really ever happy with the current weather we get, myself included. It's always too hot, too cold, too wet, too dry, etc...

CTP is ramping up their language on the heavy rain and flooding threat with the Ida remnants.

“A cold front will move through the region from the northwest during
the afternoon on Monday, leading to scattered showers and thunderstorms. After the front moves through, there will be a brief lull in activity before moisture from Ida moves into thearea.

Tropical moisture ahead of Hurricane Ida will start to advect
in from the south starting on Tuesday afternoon and evening. The current model trend has been to bring more moisture northward.
Models have been converging on a solution, with more agreement on the time of arrival and northward extent of moisture from
Ida. PWATs at this time for Wednesday are around 2 inches. Will need to watch the development and progression of Ida for locally heavy rainfall Tuesday through Thursday and the. potential for flooding.”

17 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I've had no rain here for days. Funny how quickly things turn. 

You have been pretty unlucky.  Much of the LSV had a wet week.  This is just mid week on.  If I had a map for all week it would be one of the wettest weeks for the LSV all year. (Except those like you that missed out....turnabout like you said). 

image.png.2e569e8fbde7a557fc68e5a3fcaafd93.png

6 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Most of us in the southern half of PA do not need 2 to 4 inches or more of rain this week.

Imagine if we got this Precip map for a snowstorm this Winter?

If you get no rain between now and Wed you should be pretty dry but think you may get rain tomorrow.  Have not looked much recently so do not quote me on that. 

4 minutes ago, Voyager said:

A classic case of being careful of which you wish for. A few weeks ago, many were begging for rain because it was so dry and lawns were turning brown. Now look...

I guess none of us is really ever happy with the current weather we get, myself included. It's always too hot, too cold, too wet, too dry, etc...

Good points. 
I have learned to enjoy more of the weather in each season, but the Summer is still the one that I struggle with the most!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

You have been pretty unlucky.  Much of the LSV had a wet week.  This is just mid week on.  If I had a map for all week it would be one of the wettest weeks for the LSV all year. (Except those like you that missed out....turnabout like you said). 

image.png.2e569e8fbde7a557fc68e5a3fcaafd93.png

Good map - clearly indicating the lack of rain with the bright green NW of Lancaster. 

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

If you get no rain between now and Wed you should be pretty dry but think you may get rain tomorrow.  Have not looked much recently so do not quote me on that. 

We would be good for awhile with no rain in my area. The grass and weeds were out of control this week in my yard. We even missed out on most of the heavy rain this week here.

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Sorry to hear that. I remember two days this week where storms formed over Adams and basically squatted and sat. 

It’s all good.   Brother in law has skid loader to fix it the next day.   Yeah those storms stalled back to back days.   Nothing like that here.   I’ve only had less than .20” 

5 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

HH Eps mean low position is lookin nice  for SC ,Pa+  far N,Md :popcorn:

Keep in mind this is a mean 

Your news is bad news for many in the Central and Eastern LSV as well as Cashtown's golf course.  Many in the western LSV and just west of the LSV will welcome the bountiful rain!  Voyager wants 10" or bust. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I'm sure some local areas are saying NOOO.....lol

Personally I love tracking this stuff . An area wide legit heavy rain threat from  a tropical remnant that puts the area in the crosshairs is fairly rare . ..especially well nw of i95

Yea, it's a great tracking event and something people talk about every year RE: remember Lee, etc.  Hopefully it's a good track but little flood situation.  I think training should cancel any date plans just in case.

38 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Your news is bad news for many in the Central and Eastern LSV as well as Cashtown's golf course.  Many in the western LSV and just west of the LSV will welcome the bountiful rain!  Voyager wants 10" or bust. 

Absolutely!!! :maprain:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1