• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Summer 2021

Just now, Cashtown_Coop said:

I’m more wish casting the rain to miss.   I can handle 2-4” of rain but 6” or more would really damage the courses 

I have not had time to really dig in myself but this seems like a dynamic situation anyway that requires people to be flexible and play it by ear.  With the Euro, Nam and Icon all showing over 6" its definitely something to at least keep open as a possibility. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Gut tells me this trends south and heaviest runs northern MD.   

1 hour ago, canderson said:

I tend to agree, I think most here see 1.5-4" from north to south. 

I hope you are both wrong. I want an epic event for once...

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Don’t see how low stalls with that cold front. Steering winds keeping things moving.

18Z Icon keeps up the thought process though the rain itself does eventually clear out as the front leaves but technically the low never leaves the East Coast going into Friday.  18Z with a slight nudge south.

image.thumb.png.5f2288f139c82b21b1fe977044e64e61.png

37 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The Center at Hershey?  Congrats on the new job.  We were in Palmyra passing through.  Stopped at a thrift store but did not spend too much time in town.

That’s smart - can’t stay in one place for long in Palmyra otherwise a sinkhole will swallow you whole. 

• Like 1

18z 3k NAM has Perry & Cumberland counties as the bullseye for 10"+.  The last one like this was with Lee as has been mentioned numerous times already.  I don't have my specific record but I know it was close to 10" in less than 24 hours because it flooded the basement of the house we were renting and where most of our packed belongings were stored.  Cardboard boxes don't do well in standing water.

18z 3k NAM has Perry & Cumberland counties as the bullseye for 10"+.  The last one like this was with Lee as has been mentioned numerous times already.  I don't have my specific record but I know it was close to 10" in less than 24 hours because it flooded the basement of the house we were renting and where most of our packed belongings were stored.  Cardboard boxes don't do well in standing water.

c01d00a36a26778cf94ece1635eb7b59.jpg

19 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I hear u . Fun to track until your own basement is under water . In all seriousness this looks legit for massive totals 

We are going to be putting stuff up in the basement tomorrow.  Been here 3 years with no water but 2 of those years have been quite dry.  But yea no should ignore it as whomever gets the high totals will not have much time to react if unprepared. 

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

We should do a rainfall contest. Include the following cities:

Harrisburg 4.97"
Lancaster 6.09"
York 5.88"
Tamaqua 5.02"
Williamsport 1.96"
State College 2.77"
Chambersburg 5.41"
Clearfield 1.66" 

I thiiiink that covers the whole group basically without getting too lengthy.