• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Summer 2021

23 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I was waiting for the first "clipper us to hell" post.  

20 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Trying to stir up the crowd.   I don’t mind the clipper pattern as long as there’s snow of the ground.   That’s the true winter feel 

Clippers are normally a colossal fail over here in these parts, unless we can get one to dig and pop on the coast. Otherwise, no thanks. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Honestly starting to think that I get very little rain the next couple of days. NAM gives my area about .2", which is nothing more than a shower. 

That’s ok with me if that is all that we get. When I mowed my lawn earlier today, the ground was still saturated in a few spots in the yard. I wouldn’t mind letting it dry out this week if possible.

Random question for everyone this evening.
Somehow this evening the topic of below zero temperatures was brought up when talking with my kids.
I was trying to remember the last time that the official air temperature at MDT went below zero?  My first guess is February 2014. That month was one of the coldest Winter months in MDT history if my memory is correct, so we must have had a few nights below zero.

Please let me know if anyone knows or can find the stats?

10 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Random question for everyone this evening.
Somehow this evening the topic of below zero temperatures was brought up when talking with my kids.
I was trying to remember the last time that the official air temperature at MDT went below zero?  My first guess is February 2014. That month was one of the coldest Winter months in MDT history if my memory is correct, so we must have had a few nights below zero.

Please let me know if anyone knows or can find the stats?

Jan 1, 2018 I believe .....correction, Jan 3, 2018

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

A 3 week period in 2014 was brutal for sure . Worked outside wiring a 10,000 sq/foot home . The diesel fuel in my portable jobsite  heater froze a couple times . Sorry don't have Harrisburg stats .

94' is the benchmark for mby . Incredible cold lasted 2 months 

My Winter dream is to have a similar season someday that could rival ‘94 !

7 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Several ice storms . Ice never melted completely for weeks and weeks lol. I've told this story before but my brother and I had to use rubber hammer and chisels several times around our car tires and hood -roof to get our cars loose lol. It was freaking crazy shit . Hit -10 to -15 a few times . 2 days I remember highs around 0 to +3 . I think 1985 also had a record cold period as well . I lived in Baltimore city then . Creek was frozen for weeks 

In 94, the Harrisburg area had several good snowstorms and several storms that changed from snow to ice. It was fantastic for snowpack retention. The frigid temperatures that January are legendary. I think MDT reached 23 below zero. The seasonal snow total was around 75 inches, which has to rank in the top 10 at MDT.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

In 94, the Harrisburg area had several good snowstorms and several storms that changed from snow to ice. It was fantastic for snowpack retention. The frigid temperatures that January are legendary. I think MDT reached 23 below zero. The seasonal snow total was around 75 inches, which has to rank in the top 10 at MDT.

Mdt had snowpack from Jan 4th through March 22.  Every day.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

Also going on a limb and saying MDT gets less than .2” through Monday night. Think the storm moves east and the rain shield is to small to reach LSV. 

I said as much earlier - I have no clue what I'm talking about, but that's my gut feeling as well.

Then again, all it takes is one tropical shower/storm and we get 1" in 30 minutes, so there's that. 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I said as much earlier - I have no clue what I'm talking about, but that's my gut feeling as well.

Then again, all it takes is one tropical shower/storm and we get 1" in 30 minutes, so there's that. 

True! It’s such a small system and kinda meh for expansion imo.