• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA - Summer 2021

39 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

15.11" to be exact in my gauge from Lee. Wednesday was my birthday, went out for dinner with my wife and didn't make it home that night. I had 10.62" fell here on that day. 

Ouch, that's a birthday you won't soon forget.  So, what did you and your wife end up doing that night?  Not to get too graphic ha.

3 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Ouch, that's a birthday you won't soon forget.  So, what did you and your wife end up doing that night?  Not to get too graphic ha.

Spent the night at my parent's house outside Mount Joy. Got from Lancaster to Mount Joy, but every creek between there and Maytown was flooded. 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I've read a lot of opinions on Henri from mets to weenies, all saying that a stronger storm will mean a west track, a weaker storm will be further east. Models today are insistent on a farther west track but are depicting a weaker storm despite that. 

They are changing up the parameters a bit and the storm is being pulled back more than previously forecast...IMO its moving faster and catching the ULL to the north at a further west spot.   It cannot be long until someone says Fujiwara. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

They are changing up the parameters a bit and the storm is being pulled back more than previously forecast...IMO its moving faster and catching the ULL to the north at a further west spot.   It cannot be long until someone says Fujiwara. 

Yes, it does look like with the earlier timing it's getting captured and tugged west, which makes sense. A weaker AND slower storm will (should) track further east. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

I think we atr stuck in 80's much for a week or more...some low 90's over here.  Nothing overly hot but no wagon rides or corn mazes just yet.  

Might help keep my wife from putting up Halloween decorations ridiculously early.

• Haha 2

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

LOL.  Not going to stop Walmart from having a corner full of wrapping and tree decorations.  They may already be out.

That’s a little different from having Halloween decorations in my house on September 2nd. (She does wait a little longer on the outside ones.)

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Spent the night at my parent's house outside Mount Joy. Got from Lancaster to Mount Joy, but every creek between there and Maytown was flooded. 

I hear ya.  If Chickies Creek floods wildly like it did for that event I have no way into Mount Joy.  I can't take Route 23 to try and loop around from the west, can't take any backroads from the south, cant take 230 or 772 in from the east......nothing.  That happened to us one other time in July of 2018 when we got like 4" one night and the next morning my wife and I were supposed to take the train from Mount Joy to Philly for the Phillies game, had no idea how bad things were and quickly realized we couldn't drive into Mount Joy as it was blocked in all directions from Chickies flooding.  We had to panic drive to the Lancaster City station and luckily just barely made it there to catch the train.  Good times.  Here was my write-up for that period....

Five day period of on and off downpours brought about by a stalled upper level inverted trough that fed deep tropical moisture into the area on strong S to SSE winds and long fetch off the Chesapeake.  Event total was 8.3".  Nearly 4" fell Tuesday night leading to bad flooding on Chiques that cutoff Mt. Joy in nearly all directions.  We had to get to Philles game and rushed to take train from Lancaster.  Hardest hit areas were W Schuylkill and N Lebanon/Dauphin Counties with 12-16" widespread.  Swatara flooded badly hitting second highest levels ever near Hershey and Middletown.  See below.