• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

1 minute ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I hear ya.  If Chickies Creek floods wildly like it did for that event I have no way into Mount Joy.  I can't take Route 23 to try and loop around from the west, can't take any backroads from the south, cant take 230 or 772 in from the east......nothing.  That happened to us one other time in July of 2018 when we got like 4" one night and the next morning my wife and I were supposed to take the train from Mount Joy to Philly for the Phillies game, had no idea how bad things were and quickly realized we couldn't drive into Mount Joy as it was blocked in all directions from Chickies flooding.  We had to panic drive to the Lancaster City station and luckily just barely made it there to catch the train.  Good times.  Here was my write-up for that period....

Five day period of on and off downpours brought about by a stalled upper level inverted trough that fed deep tropical moisture into the area on strong S to SSE winds and long fetch off the Chesapeake.  Event total was 8.3".  Nearly 4" fell Tuesday night leading to bad flooding on Chiques that cutoff Mt. Joy in nearly all directions.  We had to get to Philles game and rushed to take train from Lancaster.  Hardest hit areas were W Schuylkill and N Lebanon/Dauphin Counties with 12-16" widespread.  Swatara flooded badly hitting second highest levels ever near Hershey and Middletown.  See below.

Hummelstown was under water. 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It snowed again in November 2006 and that was officially recorded at some recording stations.  The snow I saw in October was not but it was real. I was out playing tennis under the lights and it was COLD. 

I remember that being an incredibly cold month in Madison, WI (where I was at the time). Data backs that up.3118A20A-33BF-4DBB-A68D-6D7298781716.thumb.jpeg.92519f8c1844b9da3fb8b047a5978093.jpeg

Could see how one of those arctic fronts could blast into Florida.

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I hear ya.  If Chickies Creek floods wildly like it did for that event I have no way into Mount Joy.  I can't take Route 23 to try and loop around from the west, can't take any backroads from the south, cant take 230 or 772 in from the east......nothing.  That happened to us one other time in July of 2018 when we got like 4" one night and the next morning my wife and I were supposed to take the train from Mount Joy to Philly for the Phillies game, had no idea how bad things were and quickly realized we couldn't drive into Mount Joy as it was blocked in all directions from Chickies flooding.  We had to panic drive to the Lancaster City station and luckily just barely made it there to catch the train.  Good times.  Here was my write-up for that period....

Five day period of on and off downpours brought about by a stalled upper level inverted trough that fed deep tropical moisture into the area on strong S to SSE winds and long fetch off the Chesapeake.  Event total was 8.3".  Nearly 4" fell Tuesday night leading to bad flooding on Chiques that cutoff Mt. Joy in nearly all directions.  We had to get to Philles game and rushed to take train from Lancaster.  Hardest hit areas were W Schuylkill and N Lebanon/Dauphin Counties with 12-16" widespread.  Swatara flooded badly hitting second highest levels ever near Hershey and Middletown.  See below.

Great writeup, I have vivid memory of every route that I traveled that night (and the following day) only to come across flooded roadways. It took me just under 2 hours the next morning to make what is normally 20 minutes to get to work. I'll never forget Lee. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

And we still don't know the exact interaction Henri will undergo with the ULL. It's a low chance but the ULL could capture Henri sooner and pull it further west which would also help pin wheel the remnant low further sw after landfall :popcorn:putting our general area in some hefty downpours :weenie:

Yeah I'm wondering that too. It really depends on how strong Henri gets. If it gets stronger it'll be tugged to the west a bit more. Curious how much rain we get over here though

10 minutes ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

Yeah I'm wondering that too. It really depends on how strong Henri gets. If it gets stronger it'll be tugged to the west a bit more. Curious how much rain we get over here though

The extended Hrrr is right there for the taking...Not stronger but tugged west.  Of course it's the extended Hrrr.  

5 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

0z Hrrr looks like that RGEM run this morning.  ULL captures Henri much sooner then the globals.  Consolidates even better then that Rgem run lol. Verbatim nice rains for the area buttttttt....

Its longggggg range hrrrrrrrrr.

Ninjd 

It's over 5" in East PA and no where near done at 48.