• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

We have been discussing that this AM. Eastern Pa is definitely "in play" for flooding rains right now.   May not transpire but would not be a total surprise.  The QPF map you posted is an extreme surprise though.  LOL.   The SNE thread is doing all they can to ignore it.  

Just like winter, when the models start to go sour you have to pretend you’re not seeing it. Until it shows up on several runs, and several models. Could this be the start of that?

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

So when you say Haskins is your guy, you really mean it? 

That might be a bridge too far. Haskins is 100% my guy in 2021 if Ben gets hurt. Mason Rudolph is a high floor, low ceiling quarterback. Neither is the permanent solution IMO.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

Just like winter, when the models start to go sour you have to pretend you’re not seeing it. Until it shows up on several runs, and several models. Could this be the start of that?

Not sure but the GFS is king there right now.  The RGEM depiction would be a non event for most of them...maybe some surge.  No one is talking about it.  

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

15" is the number here from September 2011...

My four-day total from Lee was 13.59", nine of which fell on one day.  We really were in the jackpot for that event, not sure we'll see something like it again, at least not for our specific locale.  Here is what I had in my notes for that period......

The remnants of Tropical Storm Lee combined with a stalled frontal boundary to make for a historic rainfall event over central PA.  Our local area was hit the hardest with 13.59 inches total over a four day span, 9 of which occurred on Wednesday and resulted in epic flash flooding.  Creeks like Swatara and Chickies massively overflowed their banks and hit record height levels.  Multiple homes along Chickies were flooded and multiple bridges badly damaged, including one covered bridge being washed away entirely.  Susquehanna crested at near record levels.  The worst flooding I have ever seen in our area, and probably the worst since Hurricane Agnes in 1972.  See link below.

Also, for those who want to relive it, here is a fantastic summary write-up from NWS........

4th Anniversary of the Flooding from Tropical Storm Lee (weather.gov)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, paweather said:

Yep. Still looks like the further north track is the way to go. 

Track is one thing but that storm on the 3K would have an incredible amount of pent up energy in the storm surge even though it would be down to a high end Cat two at landing.  It very well may cut LI in half with surge.    Not going to happen but still. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The Euro is being bashed pretty badly as it has been very, very bad with Henri.  Just not it's cup of tea.  The Hey Mon Hurricane Model continues the West Trend and brings it into Central NJ.  Cat 1.   Was into LI at 6Z. 

What is the Hey Mon Hurricane model never heard of it?

31 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

My four-day total from Lee was 13.59", nine of which fell on one day.  We really were in the jackpot for that event, not sure we'll see something like it again, at least not for our specific locale.  Here is what I had in my notes for that period......

The remnants of Tropical Storm Lee combined with a stalled frontal boundary to make for a historic rainfall event over central PA.  Our local area was hit the hardest with 13.59 inches total over a four day span, 9 of which occurred on Wednesday and resulted in epic flash flooding.  Creeks like Swatara and Chickies massively overflowed their banks and hit record height levels.  Multiple homes along Chickies were flooded and multiple bridges badly damaged, including one covered bridge being washed away entirely.  Susquehanna crested at near record levels.  The worst flooding I have ever seen in our area, and probably the worst since Hurricane Agnes in 1972.  See link below.

Also, for those who want to relive it, here is a fantastic summary write-up from NWS........

4th Anniversary of the Flooding from Tropical Storm Lee (weather.gov)

15.11" to be exact in my gauge from Lee. Wednesday was my birthday, went out for dinner with my wife and didn't make it home that night. I had 10.62" fell here on that day. 

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

I think anyone from OC, MD up to SNE should be on high alert.  Several models are now bringing it into SNJ or CNJ.  I remember Hurricane Charley, in 2004, was modeled and "destined" to send Tampa Bay back to the stone ages and over a matter of 4 hours, he said  "Yoink" and took a hard right and destroyed Punta Gorda. 

I rode Charly out in Myrtle Beach. Good stuff

52 minutes ago, paweather said:

WOW, That would hammer us.

Yuck

• Like 2