Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

14 minutes ago, UMB WX said:

It’s too late to put the genie back in the bottle now. Hilarious watching them try though when its their voting base shrinking. maybe the lunatics can be led to believe that Trump has taken and created an entirely different vaccine for them to take.

Like I said, it’s all political for you. Red vs blue. 

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Cool thanks.  Appreciate the viewpoint.  I never looked at getting the vaccine as supporting one way of government over the other.

Like this weekend, hanging out with immediate family who are solely in the medical field (I’m the black sheep)… retired Emergency Physician, 2 Nurse Practitioners, Pharmacist.  In my family of five I’m the lone one out.  But their view of it is almost identical to @WhitinsvilleWX and other doctors/medical field folks on here.

They view it as completely separate from politics.  Virus, vaccine, why wouldn’t people get it?  Maybe it’s the medical field having that trust in medicine and they do trust it because they take oaths to give care.  People get sick, here’s how we fix it.  But even medical field folks who may vote different party lines or have vastly different political views, seem to have a largely similar view on the vaccine overall.  Of course some will differ but by and large it’s interesting that they seem to separate politics and fall back on their medical knowledge.

If you are fully supportive making everyone on earth get this vax with no exceptions and think lockdowns and masks worked, I could see how you would view this all as non-political. It’s definitely become political for those who didn’t support lockdowns and the vax campaign (which is becoming more heavy-handed by the day).

• Weenie 1

I know everyone says the people not getting the vaccine aren’t pushing for masks or continued restrictions, which may very well be true. The problem is, the unvaccinated are driving all the important metrics that are leading to a potential return to restrictions and masks.

It’s simply not up for debate. Hospitalizations and deaths are like 97% and 99% unvaccinated respectively at this point. Those are the important numbers, and they are being driven nearly exclusively unvaccinated individuals.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, UMB WX said:

It’s too late to put the genie back in the bottle now. Hilarious watching them try though when its their voting base shrinking. maybe the lunatics can be led to believe that Trump has taken and created an entirely different vaccine for them to take.

Do you realize how few people die from this who don't have one foot in the grave already?

7 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

If you are fully supportive making everyone on earth get this vax with no exceptions and think lockdowns and masks worked, I could see how you would view this all as non-political. It’s definitely become political for those who didn’t support lockdowns and the vax campaign (which is becoming more heavy-handed by the day).

You can be highly supportive of the vax and think lockdowns and masking don’t work. Contrary to what you read and see on TV, most of the MDs and PhD’s in my circle don’t think the lockdowns and masks did or do diddly squat. They do think the vax is safe and effective. 

21 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Definitely 100% do not support the vax pressuring.  I’m very true to your body your choice.  No one should ever force another human to do, ingest, take something they don’t want to.

Its medical not political though for most doctors, that’s good enough for me from a why to get it.  Not because I have certain political beliefs.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I know everyone says the people not getting the vaccine aren’t pushing for masks or continued restrictions, which may very well be true. The problem is, the unvaccinated are driving all the important metrics that are leading to a potential return to restrictions and masks.

It’s simply not up for debate. Hospitalizations and deaths are like 97% and 99% unvaccinated respectively at this point. Those are the important numbers, and they are being driven nearly exclusively unvaccinated individuals.

In other countries such as the UK and Israel, the majority of cases and deaths are the vaccinated. The US numbers seem a little screwy in that context. 

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Definitely 100% do not support the vax pressuring.  I’m very true to your body your choice.  No one should ever force another human to do, ingest, take something they don’t want to.

Its medical not political though for most doctors, that’s good enough for me from a why to get it.  Not because I have certain political beliefs.

I’ll see Graham tomorrow.. so I am def going to ask 

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Trying to scare the unvaccinated with death and case counts is pointless though. We have been out working, traveling, and partying all along. The risk is not somehow higher now than it was in July 2020…

Right… but when nearly everyone in hospitals with covid is unvaccinated, it kind of draws attention to you know, being unvaccinated.

Not exactly a great argument for folks concerned with vaccine effectiveness and side effects.

4 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

The US is using different, generally better vaccines though.

The numbers are what they are though. They can’t be explained away.

OK, but you are vaxxed right? Why are you worried about some Free-Dumb unvaxxed morons in the ICU? Do you lose sleep over all of the obese smokers in the hospital on oxygen or all of the gangsters in there with bullet wounds?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Even the computers know the O’s are bad. :(  

That’s the only thing I got right about my AL east predictions early in the year, the Orioles being bad is basically a given every year. After the first series I thought it would be the Red Sox and Orioles fighting for last place with both teams eventually finishing under 60 wins. 

6 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

They don't require explanation, IMO. It makes sense that unvaccinated people with no prior immunity would still be getting sick, just like has happened since the start of all of this. 

It's kind of weird how the media, government, and now some regular people are trying to paint this moment in time as somehow newly dangerous compared to this time last year. I have to assume there is an agenda here.

20 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yes, it should be a personal/private medical decision. Not sure why so many are struggling with this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’ll see Graham tomorrow.. so I am def going to ask 

Ask him what? lol.  I don’t know his feelings on it.  I’m sure his mother and father in law know my parents’ thoughts and are on similar page.  They ask my parents medical advice if someone gets hurt and likewise ask Graham if a car is acting up.

8 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

The UK is using the same vaccines. They have Pfizer, Moderna and J&J. I think the Oxford-AstraZeneca is the only one US dont use I think.

14 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Trying to scare the unvaccinated with death and case counts is pointless though. We have been out working, traveling, and partying all along. The risk is not somehow higher now than it was in July 2020…

Let idiots die. After almost two years of this bullshit, they deserve it if they haven't wised up.

16 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

In other countries such as the UK and Israel, the majority of cases and deaths are the vaccinated. The US numbers seem a little screwy in that context. 

Phin, I'd like to.think you are too smart to fall for that talking point.  Many others will probably use it to show how "the vaccines are failing" though.  It comes down to share of people vaccinated vs unvaccinated in the more vulnerable age groups.  The image below explains the general concept fairly well.

E7BAiFtVgAEYWHE.jpeg.thumb.jpg.0dc5269c55c64ce6e2ac3c21bcbe4bd4.jpg

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

OK, but you are vaxxed right? Why are you worried about some Free-Dumb unvaxxed morons in the ICU? Do you lose sleep over all of the obese smokers in the hospital on oxygen or all of the gangsters in there with bullet wounds?

I’m vaxxed and had covid before getting the vaccine. I’m not really worried about it, I’m worried that my life is once again going to be negatively affected.

Individual choice on the vaccines, but when I am going to be inconvenienced again, yeah I’m not happy.

1 minute ago, Hoosier said:

Phin, I'd like to.think you are too smart to fall for that talking point.  Many others will probably use it to show how "the vaccines are failing" though.  It comes down to share of people vaccinated vs unvaccinated in the more vulnerable age groups.  The image below explains the general concept fairly well.

E7BAiFtVgAEYWHE.jpeg.thumb.jpg.0dc5269c55c64ce6e2ac3c21bcbe4bd4.jpg

I never asserted the "vaccines are failing." I know that's a point of intense fear for a lot of you...

I have simply been saying that the casedemic stuff is not going to end even if we vaccinate a bunch more people. There is always going to be a steady stream of cases, hospitalizations, and deaths from just the vaccinated to keep it going.

We need to just get off the treadmill and stop testing.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

It definitely feels like a campaign to get more people vaxxed… and certainly the wrong way to go about it.  Like some back room meeting “we don’t see needing masks again, but maybe if we threaten to impose them again more people will sign up for the vax.”

I’m very much inline with the folks here that are saying it’s been over, you can either get vaccinated or you can chose not to.  You’re choice.  Time to move on.  Stop worrying about what other people do.  They will not impact your health.

• Like 1