Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

No more than 5. Mainly his management of the bullpen 

Look again game by game and rethink. I was joking with Hunchie but easy to get to 10. I am a diehard like you and always have faith. The Covid bullshit killed us. How does one get covid twice in 3 weeks Rahm? PCR tests for our loss.

The Yankees problem is very clear. They are right handed dominant lineup and the philosophy has been load the lineup with RH HR hitters and wait for the 3run HR. And that philosophy never has and never will win a championship. And that’s all Cashman. He is so in love with power and HR and marquee names , that he loses sight on what actually wins championships. That’s pitching, and defense . Period. This current team doesn’t hit, has zero speed, is the worst in MLB in base running , and the defense has been awful. Mix in guys like Gleybor and Sanchez just not being the players we thought they were, covid , injuries and a one dimensional team..well the results speak for themselves. You’re left with a fairly inept .500 team 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

How does one get covid twice in 3 weeks Rahm? PCR tests for our loss.

Get rid of it. It was crap 16 months ago and it’s still garbage. Causes a ton of problems. 

On a manger note. They get too much blame for loses but not enough credit for wins. Boone’s not the issue for the most part, IMO. Cashman on the other hand probably needs to go. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Get rid of it. It was crap 16 months ago and it’s still garbage. Causes a ton of problems. 

On a manger note. They get too much blame for loses but not enough credit for wins. Boone’s not the issue for the most part, IMO. Cashman on the other hand probably needs to go. 

You need to follow them as closely as I do. Think about it even if he cost us 5 games thats only 4 games back and no one is talking about him. Its not just how bad his decisions are its the timing of them. When veteran homer announcers and reporters are shaking their heads, you know something is wrong 

36 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I wonder if the forum content police are getting the sirens blaring over that one?

Imagine being so pro-vaccine you actively hope for the unvaccinated to die. COVID really exposed some people as government toady psychopaths, for sure. 

I would complain but I’ve been told that if I don’t like it to not read it since it’s a banter forum.

55 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s 50/50. My area of the state.. really from about HFD northeast is Sox. But there’s many Yanks mixed in. You go SW of HFD.. it’s 95% Yanks. The rest is Sox and a few lonely Mets fans interspersed. I married into a diehard Sox family. I mean diehard. I met her in 91. Married in 2000. I had bragging rights for days and days .. years and years.. and then… that one Um playoff series. My world changed forever . And I will be the first to admit.. I miss the late 90’s and early 2000’s

My family from Tolland, Ellington, Somers, Woodstock etc are why I’m a Sox fan.  They are diehards, have season tickets, and since that’s where I spent my summers as a kid… Sox fan despite living near Albany the rest of the season.  Albany is mostly Yanks and Mets.

I’m a Yankees fan since the 1955 season.   I tried to leave for a few ye  But couldn’t sustain it.   I don’t have an issue with Judge and Odor is growing on me-I like his drive.   But Stanton has to go.   DFA and eat his salary.  Some fool team will pick it up.   Watching these games on NESN has been painful.

Here’s one for you.  My nephew lives in KS and his dad came to visit for a week in a cramped apartment.   The dad is divorced from mom who is my wife’s sister.   I used to cut him some slack but no longer.   He is a big anti vaccination person and he ends up with highly symptomatic and confirmed covid.   His son from a later marriage age 9 is asymptomatic positive also in the apartment.    Fortunately my nephew is vaccinated and hopefully won’t get sick.  My understanding is dad got on a plane today with full blown covid.   First class douche.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

My family from Tolland, Ellington, Somers, Woodstock etc are why I’m a Sox fan.  They are diehards, have season tickets, and since that’s where I spent my summers as a kid… Sox fan despite living near Albany the rest of the season.  Albany is mostly Yanks and Mets.

NE CT here is at least 85% SOX fans . You can find Yanks fans anywhere too but we are the minority. HFD seems to be the dividing line , kind of on a NW to SE line . I was born in Jersey and lived there until I was almost 8. So I was born into being a Yanks fan 

• Like 2

I’ve been a Sox fan since 1975, but I didn’t know the game very well then.  My first trip to Fenway was 1978. Dewey Evans got beaned, Mike Torres sucked, Rice homered, and we won on a walkoff double deep to center by Butch Hobson. My dad almost caught the ball leaning over the wall.  Tickets were $2

I was born and raised in Foxboro so I almost had to be a Pats fan. Even when they sucked. 

48 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I wonder if the forum content police are getting the sirens blaring over that one?

Imagine being so pro-vaccine you actively hope for the unvaccinated to die. COVID really exposed some people as government toady psychopaths, for sure. 

They are really running scared now 

7 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I’m a Yankees fan since the 1955 season.   I tried to leave for a few ye  But couldn’t sustain it.   I don’t have an issue with Judge and Odor is growing on me-I like his drive.   But Stanton has to go.   DFA and eat his salary.  Some fool team will pick it up.   Watching these games on NESN has been painful.

Here’s one for you.  My nephew lives in KS and his dad came to visit for a week in a cramped apartment.   The dad is divorced from mom who is my wife’s sister.   I used to cut him some slack but no longer.   He is a big anti vaccination person and he ends up with highly symptomatic and confirmed covid.   His son from a later marriage age 9 is asymptomatic positive also in the apartment.    Fortunately my nephew is vaccinated and hopefully won’t get sick.  My understanding is dad got on a plane today with full blown covid.   First class douche.

If he has confirmed symptomatic COVID he certainly should not be going out. Sounds like he is an asshole.

17 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

NE CT here is at least 85% SOX fans . You can find Yanks fans anywhere too but we are the minority. HFD seems to be the dividing line , kind of on a NW to SE line . I was born in Jersey and lived there until I was almost 8. So I was born into being a Yanks fan 

Westerly RI is half and half. My Dad would organize train trips to Yankees games for double headers. The whole train would fill up and everyone brought food and drinks. I had seen the very best from Mantle and Maris, Tresh,Murcer etc. My first games were 1961 and we know what happened that year. My very Italian Nonnie was a diehard and actually was given an award as RI' s best Yankee fan by Mel Allen at her house. Lol she actually believed Mel Allen could see her from the TV WPIX so she would dress up before every game, so yea its totally in my blood.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Westerly RI is half and half. My Dad would organize train trips to Yankees games for double headers. The whole train would fill up and everyone brought food and drinks. I had seen the very best from Mantle and Maris, Tresh,Murcer etc. My first games were 1961 and we know what happened that year. My very Italian Nannie was a diehard and actually was given an award as RI' s best Yankee fan by Mel Allen at her house. Lol she actually believed Mel Allen could see her from the TV WPIX so she would dress up before every game, so yea its totally in my blood.

Man I miss the old days. Just total domination . We will never see anything like that again. Even when Yanks won in 96,97,98 and 2000. We will never see anything close to that. It’s basically be very good for 3-5 years and win 1 WS, 2 if everything breaks your way before the team falls apart . I mean this for all of MLB . Different game now 

15 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I’ve been a Sox fan since 1975, but I didn’t know the game very well then.  My first trip to Fenway was 1978. Dewey Evans got beaned, Mike Torres sucked, Rice homered, and we won on a walkoff double deep to center by Butch Hobson. My dad almost caught the ball leaning over the wall.  Tickets were $2

I was born and raised in Foxboro so I almost had to be a Pats fan. Even when they sucked. 

I was at Fenway when Tony Cogniliaro was beaned in 67 and then Sunday at a double header when the Sox came back from a 11-0 score to sweep. I was a Yankee fan  10 at the time, but still rooted for the Sox. On another note his brother Billy died on my birthday this year.

unnamed.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

Forky comes off as a psychopath at worst and at best someone with poor character.  Openly mocks a lot of people, has had obese middle age folks as avatars for a long time.  Crosses the line pretty much every time he drops by the banter thread.

Question for you Phin… I’d just call him a psychopath, but you added the bolded. What does the government have to do with his ridiculous shitty lack of compassion?  Is that what the vaccine really is about? Appeasing the government? 

By being pro-vaccine folks are seen as being pro-heavy handed government?  Like It’s not a medical thing but more about not stroking the big dick of the gov’t?  Genuinely curious about the added bolded words in terms of fostering discussion.  Forky’s an ass.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, UMB WX said:

They are really running scared now 

Like many of you, I have had a lot of misinformation thrown at me by politicians and the media during the pandemic.”

Wasn’t she a politician? Who provided misinformation? Maybe not specifically during COVID, but you think with a line like that, her occupation was school teacher or bank teller. Boy she’s special…

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Forky comes off as a psychopath at worst and at best someone with poor character.  Openly mocks a lot of people, has had obese middle age folks as avatars for a long time.  Crosses the line pretty much every time he drops by the banter thread.

Question for you Phin… I’d just call him a psychopath, but you added the bolded. What does the government have to do with his ridiculous shitty lack of compassion?  Is that what the vaccine really is about? Appeasing the government? 

By being pro-vaccine folks are seen as being pro-heavy handed government?  Like It’s not a medical thing but more about not stroking the big dick of the gov’t?  Genuinely curious about the added bolded words in terms of fostering discussion, because I never really thought of a decision to get a vaccine or not having anything to do with elected officials.

Vaccines have become incredibly political. It’s basically the number one political issue in the world right now. There is a decent chance politicians may mandate people get vaccinated. That’s absolutely unprecedented.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Vaccines have become incredibly political. It’s basically the number one political issue in the world right now. There is a decent chance politicians may mandate people get vaccinated. That’s absolutely unprecedented.

Vax mandates will go into effect for the military and possibly fed employees if:

- Deaths regularly exceed 750 per day and are increasing  

- Vax rates continue to be stagnant

- Full FDA approval is granted for 2 or more vaccines. 

Expect mandates by Sept 1 if all three conditions are met at that time. Unions and employee groups will put up a fight, but I’d expect them to fail. 

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Are you the kind of person who does something because a political pundit tells you to?

It’s too late to put the genie back in the bottle now. Hilarious watching them try though when its their voting base shrinking. maybe the lunatics can be led to believe that Trump has taken and created an entirely different vaccine for them to take.

5 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Vax mandates will go into effect for the military and possibly fed employees if:

Expect mandates by Sept 1 if all three conditions are met at that time. Unions and employee groups will put up a fight, but I’d expect them to fail. 

I could definitely see that. Glad I’m not them. 

17 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Cool thanks.  Appreciate the viewpoint.  I never looked at getting the vaccine as supporting one way of government over the other.

Like this weekend, hanging out with immediate family who are solely in the medical field (I’m the black sheep)… retired Emergency Physician, 2 Nurse Practitioners, Pharmacist.  In my family of five I’m the lone one out.  But their view of it is almost identical to @WhitinsvilleWX and other doctors/medical field folks on here.

They view it as completely separate from politics.  Virus, vaccine, why wouldn’t people get it?  Maybe it’s the medical field having that trust in medicine and they do trust it because they take oaths to give care.  People get sick, here’s how we fix it.  But even medical field folks who may vote different party lines or have vastly different political views, seem to have a largely similar view on the vaccine overall.  Of course some will differ but by and large it’s interesting that they seem to separate politics and fall back on their medical knowledge.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Vax rates won’t go up much, even with full approval. I think the mRNA vax’s will get full approval by October/November. Feds will mandate the military, not sure about employees. Once they get full approval for 12 and up, they’ll be mandated at some point to go to school just like the other vaccines. Employers will be stuck somewhere in limbo. My company isn’t mandating it, but unvaxed require a weekly Covid test. That will be one mandated by a lot of employers. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Cool thanks.  Appreciate the viewpoint.  I never looked at getting the vaccine as supporting one way of government over the other.

Like this weekend, hanging out with immediate family who are solely in the medical field (I’m the black sheep)… retired Emergency Physician, 2 Nurse Practitioners, Pharmacist.  In my family of five I’m the lone one out.  But their view of it is almost identical to @WhitinsvilleWX and other doctors/medical field folks on here.

They view it as completely separate from politics.  Virus, vaccine, why wouldn’t people get it?  Maybe it’s the medical field having that trust in medicine and they do trust it because they take oaths to give care.  People get sick, here’s how we fix it.  But even medical field folks who may vote different party lines or have vastly different political views, seem to have a largely similar view on the vaccine overall.  Of course some will differ but by and large it’s interesting that they seem to separate politics and fall back on their medical knowledge.

You hung out with Graham and I know damn well he would not ever get it. We didn’t have to wear masks in the shop ever . Was great