• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June, 2021 Discussion

Typhoon Tip

I saw 2 cars with Mass plates today and wondered if either was you. One was a silver Fusion on the Needles highway and the other was Suburban pulled over looking at som bison. 

We actually live in NH now so have those plates. We did do needles today. That was incredible.

Hi everyone.. My name is Kevin..Long time  lurker. I finally got the courage up to post and I hope this is a safe weather community, safe from mean people , people that stalk and threaten and terrible things like that. A couple things about me.. I love snow , I love severe weather events, I hate dry, comfortable or cool weather in summer , and I love heat but especially humidity and high dewpoints. My low temperature this morning was 58.0 which is not warm enough for a summer morning.  I’m looking forward to posting here and hope I can contribute to what seems like a fine and safe community.

• Like 2
  • Haha 10
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 10

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Hi everyone.. My name is Kevin..Long time  lurker. I finally got the courage up to post and I hope this is a safe weather community, safe from mean people , people that stalk and threaten and terrible things like that. A couple things about me.. I love snow , I love severe weather events, I hate dry, comfortable or cool weather in summer , and I love heat but especially humidity and high dewpoints. My low temperature this morning was 58.0 which is not warm enough for a summer morning.  I’m looking forward to posting here and hope I can contribute to what seems like a fine and safe community.

Sally

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Logan gone wild again. Trying to challenge warmest June ever at +6.2 when other stations are 2-3 degrees cooler. :lol: 

... mm, for Logan?  Imho, that may be more possible at that location - even considering/likeliness that they need some instrumentation tuning.

If the wind happens to balance more offshore in a given June:  The air source of sun-bathed land mass, vs the huge thermal sink of Cape Cod Bay/Labradorian termination waters, means a bigger variation against climate - bigger depending on wind direction for that location versus say Hartford - that would occur actually at any oceanic facing shore point.   Just sayn' not that you don't know this shit

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Oh shit - just please don't be like that dweeb in Tolland - we should introduce you to him because this characterization you make of yourself is so strikingly similar to one of the craziest assonistic sumnabishes ever to lurk the WWW ... pretty much is so deplorable most have to say three hail-Mary's just to cleanse their soul for having thought of 'im

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Oh shit - just please don't be like that dweeb in Tolland - we should introduce you to him because this characterization you make of yourself is so strikingly similar to one of the craziest assonistic sumnabishes ever to lurk the WWW ... pretty much is so deplorable most have to say three hail-Mary's just to cleanse their soul for having thought of 'im

Doesn’t seem to be a break in sight .

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, powderfreak said:

10 out of 10.

F74327BE-43A7-4524-80DE-02EBA83A6123.thumb.jpeg.27dbf21dec458f217d2e8dc8d918045f.jpeg

Dude, you are sitting a fortune of marketable photographs without even havin' to Ansel Adams pimp 'em out or dark-room trick.  Most smart phone tech these days can do that shit anyway...

But, this can be framed and sold - easily and successfully - for VT versions of the bodega, or mom-and-pop shops down the cobblestone thoroughfares of New England charm. You know, at those tourist-fly-in-amber stores and cafes, those hapless targets coming to experience New England splendor.  But whatever, with the web you could set up a domain and swag it that way - tellin' you dude.  

Imagine that photo on September 30th, when the shrubbery and foreground floor foliage one could swear there is wild fire because God took a loaded brush of radiative reds and saffron heat and lashed it several times back and forth against that canvas of pine.  Same sky ?    Man, you'd be outfitting home offices and business lobbies.  I could totally see this as a wall-matte in Doctor's office waiting room for example, where people are going for their 5th session of Chemo and could use the peaceful serenity to think of a happy place.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Dan said:

We actually live in NH now so have those plates. We did do needles today. That was incredible.

Yesterday at the Custer State Park welcome center I had a guy ask me if I had seen any cars with NH plates. He was keeping track of all the different states he’d seen and hadn’t seen one yet.

On a weather note, it was pretty warm yesterday, our car thermo hit 104° on the way to the Badlands. We also saw some good lightning but skirted around the main part of a decent storm near Rapid City. 

13 hours ago, KoalaBeer said:

Thanks. Playing at Pease in Portsmouth NH so hoping for some marine influence to perhaps keep things in check. 88/62 is fine. Euro solution is certainly more oppressive. 

- the 00z operational Euro has 18C with pocketed and plumes to 20C dappled within the chart, in a thermal layout at 850mb, smeared in a continental conveyor from Pittsburgh to the waters S of NS by 8 pm on that day.

The potential for that day is to outpace the machine guidance/interpretation tech.  However, the dice roll is in the ceiling/cloud expanse.  Though the air mass supports a hot day, it seems the model is bucking for more 700, 500 and 300 mb RH which lends to expectation for clouds and capping temp surely follows. 

Not sure though. We have a climate precedence in the area for when SW deep layer flows setup, to be bust the cloudier guidance as having been too much so - this could be one of those scenarios.  If so, the temperature part of the T and TD total pig bum may end up with bigger cheeks.  

That said, the DP is higher than previous guidance as well, with 65 to 70 already throughout the area.  So even if the temp does hold up at 84 to 86 ( which again...I have climo/modeling doubts given the synopsis ), that's what your traipsing around in out among the fairways ... that, and innumerate deer and horse flies doing mobius loops around your head and nape, while occasional sweat beads, cresting your brows, sting your eyes into blinking or shutting altogether right on your backstroke.

I'd be back at the club bar in A.C. and beer, asking them how it went when their soaked shirted frames piled back in myself.

49 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Dude, you are sitting a fortune of marketable photographs without even havin' to Ansel Adams pimp 'em out or dark-room trick.  Most smart phone tech these days can do that shit anyway...

But, this can be framed and sold - easily and successfully - for VT versions of the bodega, or mom-and-pop shops down the cobblestone thoroughfares of New England charm. You know, at those tourist fly-in-ambers, stores and cafes for those coming to experience New England splendor.  But whatever, with the web you could set up a domain and swag it that way - tellin' you dude.  

Imagine that photo on September 30th, when the shrubbery and foreground floor foliage one could swear there is wild fire because God took a loaded brush of radiative reds and saffron heat and lashed it several times back and forth against that canvas of pine.  Same sky ?    Man, you'd be outfitting home offices and business lobbies.  I could totally see this as a wall-matte in Doctor's office waiting room for example, where people are going for their 5th session of Chemo and could use the peaceful serenity to think of a happy place.

Ha thanks man.  I do sell some but more word of mouth to second home owners around here.  I’ve done many of the ski resort brochures, trail map covers, posters, etc over the years.

But honestly shots like that one are just daily views from work with an iPhone11 after driving up a work road to check on something.  Definitely feel lucky at times to just have that stuff in daily travels. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I wonder if we might see an Invest S of the CV's off Africa.  That's got cyclonic broad rotation with cloud tops blowin a hole clear to the mesosphere.

I think the Euro ensembles were tracking a TW. 

SAL is min and SST/OHC are above normal - what's new since 1998 ..  and SAL appears minimal. 

It's unusually early for Verdi but again ...I've been hammering that 1955 climate doesn't apply now, so any inference in that regard is on shakier presumptive application to put it nicely.  We'll see -

Also, that TUTT ESE of Bermuda seems to be trying to bore its way down lower. Convection generating closer to core-centered. 

It seems - however - that TPC doesn't Invest unless the models have some percentage of a visibility on the feature in question. So, perhaps not on either of these until such time as the model-reliance sends a memo to upgrade.

33 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha thanks man.  I do sell some but more word of mouth to second home owners around here.  I’ve done many of the ski resort brochures, trail map covers, posters, etc over the years.

But honestly shots like that one are just daily views from work with an iPhone11 after driving up a work road to check on something.  Definitely feel lucky at times to just have that stuff in daily travels. 

I mean picture the scene...   The bald 7-year old with watery lenses, glances up through her iniquitous eyes to set them upon that vista you provided, an escape ...if just for a moment, for a world where freedom is always proven just a mirage on an bleak, uncertain horizon.  In that moment, you brought the heaven she's desperately hoping she may one day decide when it is time.  

"Karen Fowler?"  breaks the moment of serenity. As her father, holding  back his own tears, "Are you ready lollypop - let's go get better."    "Alright," she suserrates as she fiddles with her blanky. And as her father leads her in hand to that terrifying door, she looks over her shoulder one last time, and dreams. 

See, you could have been the deliverance - that gift from God.   But, nah ...these are just daily views.  Lol