Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2021 Atlantic Hurricane Season Tracking Thread

WxWatcher007

4 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

School drop off and pickup … the buses at our school pick them up and drop them off right at the door to the school. 

We have had a driver shortage to start the year.  Buses have been late and not as many routes covered due to it.  But this has nothing to do with Ida so I'll stop bantering

18 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

School drop off and pickup … the buses at our school pick them up and drop them off right at the door to the school. 

my kid doesn't take the bus. We are a 1 minute drive from school, in the AM she'd be on the bus for an hour before the bus dropped her at school. Its easier to drop off/pickup. 

21 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

WB 6Z EURO 

02A16B19-1F2B-4DC9-B442-E73C73F55093.png

Robust WAR makes that depiction logical.  Never thought heaviest rains would go South of us.  

Same issue as in winter with inland runners and Great Lake tracks.  

I am happy with one to two inches.  

15 minutes ago, yoda said:

@WxWatcher007

I assume that the Hurricane that the 12z Euro shows heading WNW at the end if its run is about to be kicked and recurve back out to sea due to the incoming trough, yes?

This far out, I’m betting on a trough that kicks it, but that WNW heading looked a little Florence-ish to me. We’ve seen ridging time and again pop up or flex for storms this season, and that’s something worth watching especially in maritime Canada.

6 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

And this is all assuming there's even a storm that resembles that in 10 days ;) 

Well this signal for TC genesis and intensification has been massive. Easily the biggest signal of the year. It’s been there for like a week now.

The NHC had a cherry off Africa before the wave pushed off. I’d be surprised if it didn’t become a major eventually.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

This is an absolutely phenomenal thread that everyone should read. There is a legitimate high end remnant tropical event possible this week.

Yea. It stings watching us miss out on another good event, but Tomer is a damn good met and his website is amazing.

• Like 1

I think PA is squarely in the crosshairs, but for my area, which is more than double normal rainfall since June 1 and has seen **three** top 5 river flood events in the last 60 days, this looks like it could be ugly. It's a really efficient setup for a big rainfall event, as Tomer lays out so well. 

• Like 2