Total Members
    Most Online
    alexmiller
    Newest Member
    alexmiller

Spring Banter

7 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

We don’t have Amazon vehicles here in the sticks. Just UPS, Fed Ex and USPS 

Really? We have them all over here and you are not that far. We are near the highway though so maybe that’s why. 

Amazon is putting in its first Amazon Fresh Market in CT in Fairfield County. There is no checkouts or cashiers. Very few people actually work in the store. Its all automated and they are using state of the art technology to track purchases. You just fill your cart and walk out the store. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

We don’t have Amazon vehicles here in the sticks. Just UPS, Fed Ex and USPS 

I figured they would just tie a package to a goat in Leominster and kick it in the right direction 

• Haha 8

Mass has like 25 times the deaths per capita, congrats. And, we've had schools mostly open up here which is a big advantage of downstream costs to the American experience. 

Plenty of family in Canada, they’ve mostly live a normal live except very early on. Done much better than the US for sure.

Just now, BrianW said:

Amazon is putting in its first Amazon Fresh Market in CT in Fairfield County. There is no checkouts or cashiers. Very few people actually work in the store. Its all automated and they are using state of the art technology to track purchases. You just fill your cart and walk out the store. 

That is interesting and not too surprising 

Just now, BrianW said:

They have concessions like this in td garden now. You just walk in, grab beer, no line, no nothing. I have no idea how it works. Very cool

Downtown San Antonio looks to be in for a hell of a ride. Going to be some big time hail damage if this supercell continues on it’s course . Going to look for some webcams could be a good show, hopefully the rotation on the cell continues to weaken and doesn’t cycle. 

5E3CE3F2-E4CD-4184-AA36-2097CC8D5918.jpeg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, White Rain said:

Really? We have them all over here and you are not that far. We are near the highway though so maybe that’s why. 

I see them in Gardner and on Rte 2 but not here. 

12 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I see them in Gardner and on Rte 2 but not here. 

Strange...... I've had them at my house, but I'm relatively close to the highway. 

TOKC radar just got smashed by hail? Getting some funky returns...not sure I’ve seen that before. Go watch the radar loop it’s weird. 

760EC327-AC1A-436D-8FD3-2E203CC5A35B.png

Can someone please explain to me what digital land Purchases mean . I read the article , some fellow is saying there is limited “plots” and Folks will “naturally speculate” on these plots . All this in “decentraland” . Umm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.coindesk.com/here-comes-the-virtual-real-estate-boom%3famp=1

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/what-makes-digital-real-estate-buying-valuable-nft-expert-explains

seems like a virtual asset class created for speculation and tied to blockchain 

5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Can someone please explain to me what digital land Purchases mean . I read the article , some fellow is saying there is limited “plots” and Folks will “naturally speculate” on these plots . All this in “decentraland” . Umm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.coindesk.com/here-comes-the-virtual-real-estate-boom%3famp=1

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/what-makes-digital-real-estate-buying-valuable-nft-expert-explains

Haha I think you're right

12 minutes ago, KoalaBeer said:

TOKC radar just got smashed by hail? Getting some funky returns...not sure I’ve seen that before. Go watch the radar loop it’s weird. 

760EC327-AC1A-436D-8FD3-2E203CC5A35B.png

That usually means one side of the radar is wet or covered in something... Happened during one of our snow storms up here last winter

2 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Haha I think you're right

People are paying contractors “real world prices” for developing plots in decentraland and early investors see it somewhat as a “status symbol”.

I’m trying to see if this is some niche for introverted savants to cash in on Only or has broader appeal but it’s wild that some spend 200K plus for virtual real estate 

11 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

That made my head want to explode. Some of this stuff is ridiculous. Virtual land lol

18 hours ago, Supernovice said:

Try: https://finviz.com

go to the groups tab, then select: industry (basic materials). That should get you started. Pm me with any questions.

Thanks! I’ll take a look in the morning.

Was in Coolidge Corner today-already you can see a lot of people loosening up on masks.  In my much quieter neighborhood it’s like a switch went off.   Very little masking outdoors vs the vast majority 24 hours ago.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, weathafella said:

Was in Coolidge Corner today-already you can see a lot of people loosening up on masks.  In my much quieter neighborhood it’s like a switch went off.   Very little masking outdoors vs the vast majority 24 hours ago.

It was a bright cold day in April and the clocks were striking thirteen.

• Haha 1

Canada yo. Follow that science they say....

In mid-April a new pandemic lockdown by the provincial government was announced, giving police temporary power to stop individuals to ask where they’re going and where they live. “The Stay-at-Home order currently in effect requires everyone to remain at home except for specified purposes, such as going to the grocery store or pharmacy, accessing health care services [including getting vaccinated], for outdoor exercise, or for work that cannot be done remotely,” a government statement says.

The Ontario government proceeded to close all outdoor recreational amenities including basketball courts, soccer fields, playgrounds and, yes, golf courses.

Canada yo. Follow that science they say....

In mid-April a new pandemic lockdown by the provincial government was announced, giving police temporary power to stop individuals to ask where they’re going and where they live. “The Stay-at-Home order currently in effect requires everyone to remain at home except for specified purposes, such as going to the grocery store or pharmacy, accessing health care services [including getting vaccinated], for outdoor exercise, or for work that cannot be done remotely,” a government statement says.

The Ontario government proceeded to close all outdoor recreational amenities including basketball courts, soccer fields, playgrounds and, yes, golf courses.

Their cdc knows something we don't

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, weathafella said:

When I drive in this morning I’ll go the long way down mass ave and see what’s up this morning. I saw no change in the people’s  republic of Cambridge yesterday. 

9 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

That is interesting and not too surprising 

Shoppers enter those locations by swiping a smartphone at the entry gate. Inside, they’re tracked by cameras, software algorithms and shelf sensors—then charged for what they take when exiting through the designated gates.

9 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

That made my head want to explode. Some of this stuff is ridiculous. Virtual land lol

Half this shit is make believe.

9 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Michael Burry , the investor in the movie “the big short “ who bet first on the housing demise in 2008 -09 

has this to say about NFT’s

"NFTs exist so that the crypto grifters can have a new kind of magic bean to sell for actual money, and pretend they're not selling magic beans."

NFT’s are in so many different areas ...that I would bet some will have value but many seem silly (Particularly virtual real estate , which is selling for hundreds of thousands ... they appear tied to Ethereum which looks to me to be One of the few  potential future payment systems used online $$

For virtual real estate , I was reading how you can take out a virtual mortgage (real money ) and work with a lender 

on the one hand some folks have bought plots of land for a few grand , developed them (sort of using programs like 7 year olds have mastered in Mine craft) and some “investor “ digs it and come around and buys it for 100K in real money lol

I don't get any of that crap. It's like make believe for dorks who live in their parent's basement and never kissed a girl. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I don't get any of that crap. It's like make believe for dorks who live in their parent's basement and never kissed a girl. 

That was part of the vibe I was guessing at While others I sense see the profit opportunity and are trying their best to position this as a future legitimate growth opportunity that you simply don’t understand yet  and some money is pouring in . Some of these dorks will be moving into large estates.   With  all the Easy money and low rates the Fed reserve seems intent on maintaining this creates a environment for things like this to flourish . Yes , it has that gamer introvert odd vibe , Some parts are likely pure bubble but I think parts of it will be for real . 

You can design virtual wearables and sell them ...sports companies like Topps are using NFT’s to capture sports highlights and actually go public w Michael Eisner as their CEO , there will be some sort of future where these likely have a sustainable market but I don’t know what products 

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

That was part of the vibe I was guessing at While others I sense see the profit opportunity and are trying their best to position this as a future legitimate growth opportunity that you simply don’t understand yet  ,  with all the Easy money and low rates the Fed reserve seems intent on maintaining this creates a environment for things like this to flourish . Yes , it has that vibe , I think parts of it will be for real . 

You can design virtual wearables and sell them ...sports companies like Topps are using NFT’s to capture sports highlights and actually go public w Michael Eisner as their CEO , there will be some sort of future where these likely have a sustainable market but I don’t know what products 

It's just this land of make believe removed from reality that I'll never understand.