• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gonglee
    Newest Member
    gonglee

February 18-19 MAJOR Ice Storm Threat

17 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

30.7/22.5 dropping quick now. Clear skies predominantly out there still. Could end up dropping under the forecasted temps. 

They keep lowering our forecasted low. Showing a low of 23 now. :unsure:

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, gritsnc said:

They keep lowering our forecasted low. Showing a low of 23 now. :unsure:

Forecasted low here is 27. Would make sense for my specific area. 

2 minutes ago, WXNewton said:

Hard to believe the radar looks like it does and the NAM shows not much precip. 

Would be nice to have some precip form on the ATL/Greenville radars some. Trajectory is to our northwest for the forum as of right now but as southeast aid/lift/enhancement takes over should overcome. Precip over western GA very convective looking. 

21 minutes ago, btownheel said:

Still showing us at 39 at KBUY. That thermometer is suuuuuch garbage lol.

I swear I think there’s a way you can find out if that sensor has been moved. When we had the rain changing to snow a few fridays ago, it was stuck at 36 or 37 with accumulating snow occurring.

Just now, BooneWX said:

Brad P cutting totals 

What to? So funny, was talking about the models running too warm today and now said the trend was to warm us up more. LOL!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WXNewton said:

What to? So funny, was talking about the models running too warm today and now said the trend was to warm us up more. LOL!!

Not sure. He said he would release a final call at 11, but seemed borderline unconcerned about any area south of Wilkes.

8 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

Brad P cutting totals 

Every model has trended warmer and less ice today so can't blame him if he's just going by computer data 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WXNewton said:

He basically said this warm nose is gonna be so strong it warms most to 33 but looking at the “Futurecast” it still had Iredell/Rowan/Catawba at 30-32 for a good chunk so I almost think he’s more so talking about CLT immediate 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PantherJustin said:

He basically said this warm nose is gonna be so strong it warms most to 33 but looking at the “Futurecast” it still had Iredell/Rowan/Catawba at 30-32 for a good chunk so I almost think he’s more so talking about CLT immediate 

Well that’s good news for Charlotte. 
I feel for you guys up north. Looking to be brutal.

7 minutes ago, PantherJustin said:

There are several stations in N.Catawba already reading 31.2-31.8. Clouds are starting to roll in so I expect that to jump up some in the next hour. 5-7 mph stiff NNE wind.

I’ve made no changes to my map from early this morning. Charlotte metro will struggle to get to and/ or stay below freezing. 91577E24-A279-45E6-8008-A8144EFB50BE.jpeg.52bb62a80fb3dec07c25c5520d731ede.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1