• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Back to Back Major Synoptic Snowstorms!

30 minutes ago, 96blizz said:

The Metric System makes so much goddamn sense. 

It's great for engineering equations but I'm more tuned in to a "sense" for English system parameters, as an ex nuke plant operator... And to be fair, metric sucks for temperature. I'm used to the higher granularity of English system vs metric. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Syrmax said:

It's great for engineering equations but I'm more tuned in to a "sense" for English system parameters, as an ex nuke plant operator... And to be fair, metric sucks for temperature. I'm used to the higher granularity of English system vs metric. 

You’re the first ex nuke plant operator I’ve ever know. Fantastic cocktail hour fodder when they become a thing again. 

Just now, 96blizz said:

You’re the first ex nuke plant operator I’ve ever know. Fantastic cocktail hour fodder when they become a thing again. 

Yes I rode subs also.  In fact...my son is currently out on deployment stationed on the same submarine (SSN-719) that i was on back in the 1980s when it was brand new. I commissioned it and he will be on the decom crew. Some sort of cosmic kharma there...

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Yes I rode subs also.  In fact...my son is currently out on deployment stationed on the same submarine (SSN-719) that i was on back in the 1980s when it was brand new. I commissioned it and he will be on the decom crew. Some sort of cosmic kharma there...

My brother was a missile tech on the SSBN 598 (George Washington) and the Ethan Allen back in the 60s. He got a chance to test launch a few Polaris missiles. He still reminisces a lot about those days. 

• Like 1

Just now, Thinksnow18 said:

I’m beginning to think the warning will be updated tomorrow am with higher totals. The meso models are picking up the banding on the maps and it appears honing in on the western part of the state. 

Agreed. They are definitely going conservative and will play the nowcast...

11 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I’m beginning to think the warning will be updated tomorrow am with higher totals. The meso models are picking up the banding on the maps and it appears honing in on the western part of the state. 

I dunno.  I like the 6-12” or so across the board. It’s a fast moving system and not a ratio driven system. I could see some 15” maxima at high elevations or some good Meso banding but I like the 8-12” warning for my nape of the neck. 

• Like 3