• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Back to Back Major Synoptic Snowstorms!

7th-9th...One of the worst storms of the 2007-2008 winter season occurred on from the 7th through the 9th. This was an extended two part event but totals of one to two feet were common, with some isolated higher amounts. The storm occurred over a weekend so impact to daily activities (school and businesses) was minimal. Numerous automobile accidents were blamed on the slippery conditions and poor visibilities in falling and blowing snow. The 21.6 inch total measured at the Buffalo Airport was the greatest general (non-lake effect) snowfall in Buffalo in 24 years. Other snowfall reports included: 30 inches at Ellicottville; 26 inches at Lockport and Perrysburg; 24 inches at Depew; 23 inches at Getzville; 22 inches at North Tonawanda and Hamlin; 21 inches at Hamburg, Amherst and Niagara Falls; 18 inches at Brockport, Colden, Sinclairville, and Warsaw; 17 inches as Copenhagen, Forestville and South Dayton; 16 inches at Darien and Scottsburg; 15 inches at Colden, Gaines, Pulaski and Basom; 14 inches at Middleport, Lacona, and Webster; 13 inches as Greece, Hannibal and Kennedy; and 12 inches at Cato, Bennetts Bridge and Marion.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

24 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

The Nam 3k looks like it's trying to set up a nice WNW band of lake effect snow at the end of its run (60 hours.) I would love to experience my first lake enhanced/effect WNW band on the back of a synoptic system here. Those seem to be the situations where the Cuse cashes in.

Oh, so now your on to hexing our LES? When does the madness stop? Asking for a friend.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Gotta sniff the taint to get the goods, honestly I think your in a great spot not that you care what I think lol. 

100%- that’s where the jackpot is but for F**ks sake, it was knocking on Binghamton’s door and if the bs continues, Rochester is gonna be the next on the hit list.

GFS needs to grab a horse and lead the charge back.  I won’t even be in Cuse for the event, heading to the Pocono’s for some family time.  Then have to head to Buffalo Wednesday night through Friday for work.  Just want this base built up to ship some snow down to a dude in MidAtl

1 minute ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Gotta sniff the taint to get the goods, honestly I think your in a great spot not that you care what I think lol. 

The bold part - not true. I'm not the type to dismiss the thoughts of others. Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah, IF this area can stay JUST NW of the "zone" I can see us getting hammered with some very nice banding. It's gonna be so close.

Like I said earlier today, I have seen it happen a couple times here climatologically in these these setups that the mix line makes it to the higher elevations from Ithaca to Tully to Morrisville and than halts. The cold air settles and is deep enough in the Mohawk Valley for it stay mostly snow.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SyracuseStorm said:

100%- that’s where the jackpot is but for F**ks sake, it was knocking on Binghamton’s door and if the bs continues, Rochester is gonna be the next on the hit list.

GFS needs to grab a horse and lead the charge back.  I won’t even be in Cuse for the event, heading to the Pocono’s for some family time.  Then have to head to Buffalo Wednesday night through Friday for work.  Just want this base built up to ship some snow down to a dude in MidAtl

Weren't you out of town in Cooperstown during the last one we had? And to think @Syrmax blamed just me for the snow forcefield.... 

• Haha 1