• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Back to Back Major Synoptic Snowstorms!

2 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I just heard from emergency services in Texas that more than 2 million are with out power in the state at this moment. Can you imagine being in a state that has zero winterizing in their homes? It could be a disaster down there.

Wow already. They got another storm coming too after this one.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Thanks. All good. Peace!

Now...let it snow! (And how dare you speak that sleet into existence for Onondaga!) :lol:

I think the heavy rates will deliver overnight and the pingers or snizzle will only happen once it’s close to done toward early morning tomorrow. You’re in a better spot as every mile NW matters on this one. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 96blizz said:

I think the heavy rates will deliver overnight and the pingers or snizzle will only happen once it’s close to done toward early morning tomorrow. You’re in a better spot as every mile NW matters on this one. 

Agreed 100%.  SYR looks good for 9", which is KBGM's forecast.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I am assuming you had 1 or 12 last night? :lol:

Yeah man. A few. But my Mom has been in the ICU for 10 days after heart failure for reasons they’ve yet to figure out - so my snappiness comes from a place deeper than a few cold ones. If saying a prayer is your thing, we could use it!

These back to back storms have been a welcome mental distraction for me. 

• Sad 5

2 minutes ago, 96blizz said:

Yeah man. A few. But my Mom has been in the ICU for 10 days after heart failure for reasons they’ve yet to figure out - so my snappiness comes from a place deeper than a few cold ones. If saying a prayer is your thing, we could use it!

These back to back storms have been a welcome mental distraction for me. 

It certainly is. Lifting you, your mom, and family up. It's a good reminder that there are certainly more valuable things in our lives than a few inches of snow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

What is the deal with lows coming up through western NY this year? Been pretty consistent.

I think lows are attracted to bodies of water. Ever notice how lp’s bounce along the east coast? How they never track over land? Same with Lake Erie and Ontario. 
I can’t tell ya how many times I’ve seen lows, that were expected to go over S Central PA, make a bee line for Erie and Buffalo. 
Hoping the high holds and the little bitty transfer takes place south of us. 
The other thing I usually forget (and I hate to bring it up right now) is that warm air usually advances further north and faster than expected with these situations. Especially in WNY. It just flies up the escarpment. This ones a little different in that warm air is coming from the SE- so maybe we get lucky. I’m counting on it! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LakeEffectKing said:

Nam initialized sn/sleet line wrong.

image.png.fef2b5d325bf4a422fadedbbe68a5fdb.png

image.thumb.png.c9ebf82038c1c9de8bdc9c260b0afea7.png

Watching Mike Seidel on TWC in Monroe, LA he’s still getting sleet mixing in with the snow. He’s on an overpass over I20 and about a half hour ago a heavier band moved through and precipitation went over to all snow and visibility fell to a couple hundred yards. The temperature is in the teens, normal high is low 60s. 

• Like 1