• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Back to Back Major Synoptic Snowstorms!

2 minutes ago, 96blizz said:

That’s kind of you man and I’m really sorry for what you’re going through as well - you know I can relate. Like you, weather is an outlet for me - a way to escape. And after I snapped a bit last night y’all could have been like “F this guy.”  Instead I get a level-headed cool response from @TugHillMatt and then warm wishes from so many. 

It’s definitely teaching me to always try and give folks the benefit of the doubt when they may not act exactly how you expect or want them to - or maybe they snap a bit at you. You never know what they may be going through at that time. 

Since I moved up here I searched long and hard for a forum that was meaningful for my backyard - and this place has delivered in spades. 

When my family prays tonight I’ll be sure to add you and your Mom to the list. Thank you for your kindness. 

Thanks for the acknowledgement. I am not completely innocent, as I can be stubborn and rub people the wrong way with my cynicism. You're not the first to get sniippy with me. I am a reflective guy though and am always seeking to be better. Plus, grace plays a big role for me...and it's definitely easier to extend it when you know somebody is going through a hard time...all though I stubbornly work on trying to all the time.

The forum is full of great people. I am fairly new to this area as well...and if you're ever up for a snow hike or any hike and would like a buddy to join, hit me up. 

• Thanks 1

That taint line on the GFS is right over my house as it is on a couple other models. It’s going to be interesting how this plays out, I could end up with 4 inches or 10 inches. This initial batch of snow is moving in and reports upstream (Wellsville, Penn Yan) have visibilities under a mile so hopefully we can pick up an inch or two from that. 

edit: visibility is 1/2 mile in Wellsville at 11 AM

• Like 1

You only get one mom. I’m like a television comedy stereotype- Middle aged gay man who is completely dedicated to his overbearing mom. It’s been a struggle watching  her age as she is my best friend and I can see our years are growing shorter. Upside is that I can really kick her ass at jeopardy. But, yeah, her time is limited. I can’t imagine what it’s like to have cancer in addition to all of it. 
It’s no wonder that you’re under some stress. 
Almost all of us have, at various points, shared personal struggles with the group. We are surprisingly supportive for a bunch of assholes. 
And someone beats on Matt at least once a week (I think he’s a red head?). You’re just man enough to apologize for it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

That taint line on the GFS is right over my house as it is on a couple other models. It’s going to be interesting how this plays out, I could end up with 4 inches or 10 inches. This initial batch of snow is moving in and reports upstream (Wellsville, Penn Yan) have visibilities under a mile so hopefully we can pick up an inch or two from that. 

Just started here. Looks like the fine grainy snow that lowers visibility but doesn't amount to much.

4 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

You only get one mom. I’m like a television comedy stereotype- Middle aged gay man who is completely dedicated to his overbearing mom. It’s been a struggle watching  her age as she is my best friend and I can see our years are growing shorter. Upside is that I can really kick her ass at jeopardy. But, yeah, her time is limited. I can’t imagine what it’s like to have cancer in addition to all of it. 
Almost all of us have, at various points, shared personal struggles with the group. We are surprisingly supportive for a bunch of assholes. 
And someone beats on Matt at least once a week (I think he’s a red head?). You’re just man enough to apologize for it. 

I AM Irish...from both parents...:lol:

I am also the epitome of an Irish lad: stubborn, bad-tempered...but also extremely friendly, love to laugh, and keen on humbling myself.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, rochesterdave said:

I feel for you guys. You’re in the position I was in 20 years ago. I took care of my mom for the last 4 1/2 years of her life when she went into kidney failure and had dementia. Not only is the physical part of the care difficult but the emotional side of seeing someone you love decline takes a toll on you. I wish you the best and just remember to take care of yourself. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Just now, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Most meso models are too cold right now as they pretty much all have KSYR with a temp between 22-24 no higher and KSYR is currently sitting at 27F, not good!

Yeah, this is going to be a sleet fest. Ugh. Unbelievable, every god damned run it comes further NW. I’m telling ya, Rochester is going to be feeling pingers for a while. Oh well. Hope for heavy rates and cold air mixing. Toronto is gonna have one heck of a storm. IAG too (probably). Lol

6 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Yeah, this is going to be a sleet fest. Ugh. Unbelievable, every god damned run it comes further NW. I’m telling ya, Rochester is going to be feeling pingers for a while. Oh well. Hope for heavy rates and cold air mixing. Toronto is gonna have one heck of a storm. IAG too (probably). Lol

on the flip side though, KBGM is sitting at 21F and guidance is sitting at 29F so who the heck knows whats gonna happen thats why its so exciting to track, lol!