• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Back to Back Major Synoptic Snowstorms!

1 minute ago, TugHillMatt said:

Since the GHD storm, Syracuse has had about 3 inches of total snowfall. Rough winter. Still up in the air on what this week will bring.

My favorite storm was just a few days ago. We got 5.5” in about 6 hours of ‘unexpected’ lake effect fluff. It was so peaceful and pretty. I love those surprises! They can be more fun than sweating the models for days. 
Ive made peace with this being different than what we hoped. One thing that’s been decent is the cold seems to want to hang on. So while we deal with sleet and dryslot and lack of dynamics for enhancement- at least we won’t be melting north of the thruway. 
Save that for Thursday! Ha! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rochesterdave said:

My favorite storm was just a few days ago. We got 5.5” in about 6 hours of ‘unexpected’ lake effect fluff. It was so peaceful and pretty. I love those surprises! They can be more fun than sweating the models for days. 
Ive made peace with this being different than what we hoped. One thing that’s been decent is the cold seems to want to hang on. So while we deal with sleet and dryslot and lack of dynamics for enhancement- at least we won’t be melting north of the thruway. 
Save that for Thursday! Ha! 

Yes! Your pictures were great!

7 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

BGM doesn't seem to be backing off...their new warning says 7-11 inches. Perhaps they are thinking higher ratios? I defaulted to the 10:1 once I saw that mix line getting closer and closer.

Just saw that. Quite comical. I vote@SyracuseStorm calls up the BGM office and asks them what models they are looking at...

• Haha 2

Hamilton been having the best run in its history I think

City of Hamilton
A major winter storm is expected.
Winter storm tonight into Tuesday morning giving 25 to 35 cm of snow.
Heavy snow is expected to develop over the entire region this evening and persist into Tuesday morning where at least 25 centimetres of snow is expected. Northeast winds gusting near 50 km/h will result in very poor visibility in blowing snow especially from midnight to Tuesday afternoon.
Even higher amounts of snow may be possible, up to 40 centimetres, in some locations due to extra moisture coming off Lake Ontario. Locally higher amounts may also occur on the higher elevations of the escarpment.
Travel will be extremely hazardous until the snow moves east of the region on Tuesday morning. Local blowing snow may persist until Tuesday afternoon.
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

BGM doesn't seem to be backing off...their new warning says 7-11 inches. Perhaps they are thinking higher ratios? I defaulted to the 10:1 once I saw that mix line getting closer and closer.

Yeah 10:1 is probably about right for the snowfall part of the event here.  No Kuchie magic here.  I plan on being asleep during the 6-8 hours of the storm overnight so my melted equivalents will probably be lower than 10:1 factoring in any PL/IP.