• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 18-19 long duration manageable snow and ice event

wdrag

That's a nice look on the EC. Snow to ice to dryslot. Not much rain away from the coast. I continue to like a model blend. Less snow, less rain, and more ice. That's almost always how it goes around here with a primary into Western PA. But the EC continues to look encouraging for a snowier outcome.

2 minutes ago, eduggs said:

That's a nice look on the EC. Snow to ice to dryslot. Not much rain away from the coast. I continue to like a model blend. Less snow, less rain, and more ice. That's almost always how it goes around here with a primary into Western PA. But the EC continues to look encouraging for a snowier outcome.

Euro snow map looks similar to the GFSv16

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

We get a mini arctic intrusion after Tuesdays system which will set the stage for Thursday. 

If it weren't for Tuesday's more amped system this one would've been the big cutter. Still a ways to go though. 

Let's get through Tuesday first.

The PV also ends up over the lakes

3 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

We get a mini arctic intrusion after Tuesdays system which will set the stage for Thursday. 

If it weren't for Tuesday's more amped system this one would've been the big cutter. Still a ways to go though. 

Let's get through Tuesday first.

that fresh intrusion of arctic air just before the next storm perfect timing yes melting Tuesday and a skating rink Wednesday and then 4 - 6 inches as of now on top of that

12z/14 EPS consistent on a few inches of snow here many cycles i78 corridor northward on Thursday. Might it end up sleet or ZR?  Sure looks nasty Thu night,  with as much ice as Monday night I84 corridor.  And the flood possible problems associated with short duration heavy qpf, snow melt, ice jammed gutters.  Back tomorrow morning. 

• Thanks 2

• Rjay pinned this topic
2 minutes ago, Northof78 said:

18z GFS still has a cutter end game, but very impressive front end thump for all, prob 4-8/5-10

I had said earlier, anytime you see the GFS seeing front end snows with a system at this range you can take it to the bank that barring some sort of huge synoptic setup change in the ensuing few days that it will happen.   It usually has the coast as snow for 1 hour then over to rain.

52 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

18Z GFSv16 is about 4-6 inches for the metro area. Barring something messing up this setup (which I can't discount 4 days out) it looks good for at least a front end thump  

No blocking. Dont see why this wont cut completely like Tuesday will....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eduggs said:

seems like the storm last December

1 minute ago, NEG NAO said:

That HP North of New England is being blocked forcing redevelopment of the LP

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_15.png

Would be nice but I doubt it. We’re back into a period where the SE ridge is dominating and the blocking or what’s left doesn’t compensate. Nina climo in Feb can only be held off for so long. Should hopefully be a nice 3-6” thump before rain or sleet though. The high can at least make that happen. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Would be nice but I doubt it. We’re back into a period where the SE ridge is dominating and the blocking or what’s left doesn’t compensate. Nina climo in Feb can only be held off for so long. Should hopefully be a nice 3-6” thump before rain or sleet though. The high can at least make that happen. 

I think its possible as SnowGoose just mentioned the Tuesday storm is acting as a 50/50

prateptype.conus.pngprateptype.conus.png

• Thanks 1