• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 7th Storm Threat Discussion/Obs

mappy

Still rainy and temp 38 in Del Ray.  However...

NWS Sterling

WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON EST TODAY... * WHAT...Heavy snow. Additional snow accumulations of 2 to 4 inches. * WHERE...The Washington Metropolitan area and central Maryland. * WHEN...Until noon EST Sunday. Rain is expected to change to snow around daybreak, with the heaviest snow expected through 11 AM. * IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions and reduced visibility. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Snowfall rates around 1 to 2 inches per hour are possible in heavier bands of snow. Temperatures will rise above freezing this afternoon as the precipitation ends. However, temperatures will quickly fall below freezing tonight.

4 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

You guys always win no matter what lol

Yes lately it seems that way. I moved here in 2018 and it’s been good to me haha. All my years before that were DC/Baltimore so this is a nice break. What I wouldn’t give for a store that’s open past 10pm though!!

• Haha 1

Just now, CatoctinRN said:

Yes lately it seems that way. I moved here in 2018 and it’s been good to me haha. All my years before that were DC/Baltimore so this is a nice break. What I wouldn’t give for a store that’s open past 10pm though!!

Yeah you run into that. They have a Dunkin’ now which is a relatively new development. The McDonalds is open past 10 :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

It's pretty obvious how this works out. Those maps with higher totals se were hilarious. 

I think there will be some good banding later this morning/early afternoon, but most of the mesos seem to focus it mostly east/se of my yard. Could easily envision a rain snow mix here with accumulating snow over in S DE.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

Yeah you run into that. They have a Dunkin’ now which is a relatively new development. The McDonalds is open past 10 :ph34r:

The opening of that Dunkin was fascinating I swear the whole town came out. I’ve given them a ton of business

Back to moderate snow- side streets are all covered. Main Street (rt 140) caving now 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic