• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

MAG5035

I wanted to follow up about a story that I wrote about in the storm post.  Last night Channel 16 said that the couple that was murdered in the Plains Township murder-suicide dumped their snow on the property of the man who killed them.  Evidently that man killed them in the street with a pistol and then went inside his house, brought out a rifle and shot them again.  All of this was not mentioned in some of the media stories and I thought people should know.  I mentioned that the couple had a special needs 15 year old.  The special needs is autism.  To think all this occurred to neighbors who live across the street from each other -- not in the same building or next door to each other -- is beyond my comprehension.  I still wonder if mental illness was involved but since they are all dead and there will be no trials, I doubt we will ever know.

In looking for a link to last night's story which I did not find, I found a report of another snow incident.  This one involved a knife and a baseball bat but luckily no one was hurt.

I have never heard about violence and snow before.  I hope that having two incidents so close together in the Channel 16 viewing area doesn't mean this is a new trend.

https://www.wnep.com/mobile/article/news/local/lackawanna-county/another-fight-erupts-over-snow-shoveling/523-c74ffc0f-5483-43f1-989e-353b511db0ac

Update: According to an ABC News story at Yahoo, the murdered couple continued to yell at their across the street neighbor even after he had a pistol.  Unbelievable.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/3-pennsylvania-neighbors-dead-fight-224921402.html

For tonight, CTP likes the idea of many of us seeing 1 to 2 inches of snow.

Here is part of the CTP discussion:

”The most likely scenario is that it will be all snow (fat, heavy, juicy flakes) with just enough melting to have a little rain mix in at times, mainly across the south. Really can`t see a widespread risk of ice accretions as the snow will be falling at the same time. Will mention some chc for ZR in the wx grids and a tiny amount of ice accum here and there, but confidence is very low that anyone will notice it or be affected by it. Will hold off on any advys at this point, and allow the dayshift one more look at it. The sloppy, wet snow should keep us below 10:1 SLR for sure across the S, but nudging up around 12:1 in the nrn tier. We could get a little more than 2" in spots, mainly N and W of I-81 and on the higher hill tops. Most places will end up with 1-2" by the end of the precip (which is just after 12Z in the eastern zones). While the precip should end before sunrise in many places, the wind shift behind the cold front will turn it colder and cause some upslope/lake effect SHSN in the N.”

It's about time Williamsport and environs have a good winter - you should get snow up there, and recently there have been many years it just hasn't happened. I remember as a kid taking trips up 44 North above Haneyville, there always seemed to be a few feet of snow on the ground. These days, not so much.

Euro made a nice move NW for Sunday. Not enough, but the jet has sharpened markedly over the past 12-24 hours to the point where some of us can entertain the possibilities for Sunday...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It's about time Williamsport and environs have a good winter - you should get snow up there, and recently there have been many years it just hasn't happened. I remember as a kid taking trips up 44 North above Haneyville, there always seemed to be a few feet of snow on the ground. These days, not so much.

Euro made a nice move NW for Sunday. Not enough, but the jet has sharpened markedly over the past 12-24 hours to the point where some of us can entertain the possibilities for Sunday...

The EPS and the GEFS are trending the right way.  Let's do this.

• Like 3