• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Synoptic Snowstorm 2/1-2/4

It's cheating to throw in a prediction after kickoff, but here goes anyway. This is predicated on a fairly sharp E/W cutoff and spotty LES off of Ontario on the northerly flow.

BUF: 2"

ROC: 6" (could be anywhere from 2 to 10" and I wouldn't be surprised)

SYR: 16" (I think they just get into the main synoptic action)

BGM: 18"

ALB: 15"

NYC: 22"

Jackpot: Somewhere between Allentown and Poughkeepsie: 32"

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PerintonMan said:

It's cheating to throw in a prediction after kickoff, but here goes anyway. This is predicated on a fairly sharp E/W cutoff and spotty LES off of Ontario on the northerly flow.

BUF: 2"

ROC: 6" (could be anywhere from 2 to 10" and I wouldn't be surprised)

SYR: 16" (I think they just get into the main synoptic action)

BGM: 18"

ALB: 15"

NYC: 22"

Jackpot: Somewhere between Allentown and Poughkeepsie: 32"

Well your KBUF one is gonna bust low as I’m already at 1.8” for the day and the real show is tomorrow into Wednesday 

• Like 1

That our one big hope. Vort let's hope we get a assist from lake. Out in Chicago they where forecasting no lake enhanced for storm cause its to warm. They where like 30 31 for entire storm. But they got good lake enhanced precip though. Sw Wisconsin ne Illinois. Where forecasting 6 to 9 some areas got over a foot.

1 minute ago, tim123 said:

That our one big hope. Vort let's hope we get a assist from lake. Out in Chicago they where forecasting no lake enhanced for storm cause its to warm. They where like 30 31 for entire storm. But they got good lake enhanced precip though. Sw Wisconsin ne Illinois. Where forecasting 6 to 9 some areas got over a foot.

Agreed. When looking at the loop, you can see the streamers started up by the St. Lawrence, but as moisture decreased, they shrunk. As new moisture streams north, they should get reinvigorated.

Pushing NW nicely and ahead of schedule from my perspective.

image.thumb.png.5c8e8c80ef1643722e4586d6fd012b18.png

1 minute ago, vortmax said:

Agreed. When looking at the loop, you can see the streamers started up by the St. Lawrence, but as moisture decreased, they shrunk. As new moisture streams north, they should get reinvigorated.

Pushing NW nicely and ahead of schedule from my perspective.

image.thumb.png.5c8e8c80ef1643722e4586d6fd012b18.png

Snowing again in Skaneateles.  Definitely ahead of schedule and the NYC crews are calling bust on the monster amounts. Reminds me of March 2017 (and I was in NJ). 

• Like 1

Because of the under-forecasted snow this AM, I think that more of the moisture that moves in from the SE will hit the ground (and sooner) as it's already been primed a bit. Hoping this translates to more LE as well. DPs here raised from 13 @ 3am to 21 now and keeping steady. 88% humidity.