• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Synoptic Snowstorm 2/1-2/4

Just now, TugHillMatt said:

I am feeling this line we see on radar is going to be "the wall" in which there is snow and not much snow. It's been training over this same path for several hours. Even here IN the echoes it's been a virga storm all afternoon. I feel the bust potential is huge with this one.

image.thumb.png.1da9986f860962cb77686a226f349f9e.png

Seems to me that most models didn't have us getting much snow until later tonight and tomorrow in sort of a wraparound feature.  I've been thinking this is mainly a Tuesday storm for us so i'm not going down the dark path.  Yet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Seems to me that most models didn't have us getting much snow until later tonight and tomorrow in sort of a wraparound feature.  I've been thinking this is mainly a Tuesday storm for us so i'm not going down the dark path.  Yet.

Agree completely right here. Nearly every single Meso model looks the same over “roughly” the same area. The “virga” up here wasn’t even modeled at all. That band is coming for us. 

5 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

1 minute ago, 96blizz said:

Agree completely right here. Nearly every single Meso model looks the same over “roughly” the same area. The “virga” up here wasn’t even modeled at all. That band is coming for us. 

Hope you guys are right...burned way too many times. I sure would love the HRDPS to come true. The latest RAP looked meh.

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Hope you guys are right...burned way too many times. I sure would love the HRDPS to come true. The latest RAP looked meh.

We all have man. I grew up in Monmouth County in NJ. It was torturous. 

No matter what happens give me a bust and less snow than a whiff or rain when snow is 30 miles away!!

I just saw channel 3’s forecast. Their in house model doesn’t show snow starting in Syracuse until around 10 tonight. The heaviest snow will be between midnight and mid morning tomorrow. Lighter snow during the day then another burst tomorrow night tapering Wednesday morning. 6-12 over Syracuse, 3-6 over southern Oswego County. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Came home from work in Hamburg where there was maybe half an inch of new snow if that. Home in Amherst looks about 2” new snow. Would go out and shovel but hurt my back at work today so I’m gonna be out of shoveling commission for a while. 

Yup we overachieved in the north towns