• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Synoptic Snowstorm 2/1-2/4

Just now, TugHillMatt said:

Ha! Yep. This is a perfect setup for them.

My parents in Danville (Upper Susquehanna Valley) are approaching a foot and a half, while my cousins in Hazleton are approaching 2 feet.

Nice. Have to say the models performed really well down there. They consistently hammered that area for 2+ days out.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Models don't show snow arriving till 7

I have already moved on to next let down. Take my few inches and fight another battle. Lol

You're right about the first part.  If we were going to get snow, it was all coming late in the period..It was never supposed to be snowing for most of us right now.  0z GFS says tomorrow will be snowy and wintry all day (Noon is when the column really saturates), so we'll see.  Might not be a ton of snow but I'll take anything at this point..

2 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Yeah, but seems out to lunch. I'm not getting 20". I'd LOVE to be wrong.

Yeah idk, you have some nice banding in your vicinity atleast. Hopefully it's somewhat close to accurate. Maybe it's a better lake effect model. I actually didn't even know there was a higher resolution rgem til a few days ago.

1191178485_WUNIDS_map(16).gif.552a27a6660f64b648298ddafcf77cdb.gif

1 minute ago, BGM Blizzard said:

Yeah idk, you have some nice banding in your vicinity atleast. Hopefully it's somewhat close to accurate. Maybe it's a better lake effect model. I actually didn't even know there was a higher resolution rgem til a few days ago.

Whoa!  Some yellows in there- have to be up at 5am so will probably be sleeping by then.  Good luck all in Onondaga and the rest of the group!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BGM Blizzard said:

Yeah, pixie dust continues but should pick up any second....it's been on Tidbits for 2 years but slow to load and no kuchie

9 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Probably have 2" eyeballing. Been snowing solidly for a few hours with bad growth..

Yeah had that at times as well. Kuchera might be well over done with this storm or atleast for parts of the storm or in different geographical areas. Perhaps the standard 10:1 is a more closer match. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BGM Blizzard said:

Yeah had that at times as well. Kuchera might be well over done with this storm. Perhaps the standard 10:1 is a more closer match. 

Yeah, heaviest snow yet with the best returns of the evening currently and radar looks good. Hopefully cash in during the next few hours. What have you gotten so far?